Global Career Management / Overpriced, bad product

Global Career Management
As with the other complaintants, I bought into Global Career Management's line. Their Seattle branch. I had owned my own business for 14 years and was transitioning back into the job market. I was unsure of how to put my accomplishments into a resume and my "counselor" did little to help me in that regard. (Frankly, I felt I was left to drift.) As the others have posted, the resume work was terrible and I did all the work finding companies and writing letters. (Their "customized" letters are fill-in-the-blank.) I asked for a list of recruiters and got 30 pages of mostly junk. I paid $5400. (GCM charges you what they think you can afford. They have no set fee!) When I asked for half back, trying to be fair in that they had done some work, I was treated horribly. I was told I didn't work hard enough and worse, and they always had a convenient excuse to my concerns. The company lines are: "We have access to the 85% of jobs that are not advertised" and "We will put you in direct contact with the hiring authorities..." and "We have the inside track on the growth industries and companies." That is certainly not the case. Definately look before you leap.