GetYourGuide / taxi service

1 Poland

Ref: GYG35057285

I booked a round trip from Krakow airport to Hotel Pollera in Krakow, costing £49.42. We arrived on Sunday 6 May and the driver was waiting for us to pick us up and take us to the hotel. He was very helpful and courteous. When we arrived at the hotel, I confirmed with his that our return pick up would be Wednesday 9 May at 0530 hrs (details of our flight times were on the original booking form).

On the evening of Tuesday 8 May, I called your offices to reconfirm the pick up time and was advised by a male operator that the pick up would be 0525 hrs on Wednesday morning. No taxi arrived.

Despite trying to call 13 times to Get Your Guide and Discover cracow, we couldn't get through and neither could our hotel reception. After about 40 minutes, we contacted a local taxi company to take us to the airport at a cost of 61.20 plz. On the way to the airport, I eventually managed to contact Discover cracow and spoke to Lucas, who advised that they had no record of our booking. After making several enquiries, he confirmed that Get Your Guide had not passed on the return journey information to him and advised that I should make a complaint.

I would like the return trip refunded (£24.71) and also the full cost of the taxi journey to the airport 61.20 plz. I have this receipt and will happily forward it to you.

We are extremely unimpressed with the service we experienced on this occasion.

• Updated by Anna81, May 10, 2018

Ref: GYG35057285

I would like to lodge a complaint regarding the booking I made for a return trip from Krakow airport to Krakow town. I paid £49.42 for this return trip.

The driver was at the airport waiting for us on Sunday 6 May and was very helpful and courteous. He dropped us off at the Pollera Hotel and I asked him if our pick up time on Wednesday 9 May would be 0530 hrs, and he confirmed that was correct.

On the evening of Tuesday 8 May, I called your offices to confirm our pick-up time and was advised, by a male colleague, that it would be 0525 hrs outside our hotel. No taxi arrived. We tried calling 13 times but could not get through to your number (or to Discover Cracow). After about 40 minutes, we hired a local taxi at a cost of 61.20 PLZ. Eventually, I managed to get through to Discover Cracow, who had no record of our booking. After making enquiries, a man called Lucas advised that Get Your Guide had not passed on the relevant details to them and so no return taxi was ever booked for us. He advised me to make a complaint, which I am very happy to do. We are extremely disappointed in this service.

An