Genie Bra / Not as advertised

United States Review updated:

I was amazed at the advertisement for the Genie Bra. What a disappointment. The lower band rolls up. The actual bra does not have the support it advertises. I wear a 3x shirt and that is what I bought. Don't believe everything you read.

Bl

Comments

• El
      21st of May, 2011

I purchased my Genie Bras on 3/28/2011..I didn't receive them until today (5/21/2011). I waited anxiously because I thought this bra was going to be the answer to my support prayers and what a DISAPPOINTMENT. I'm a big breasted woman and I discussed support with them before I ordered and they assured me the bra provided excellent support..LIES. This bra is like a 40 DD woman going braless, imagine that. Now I have to return them and lose out on $20 S/H AND I have to pay to return them. The package came with no invoice so I had to call a non-800 number to get a return authorization number. Now I have to buy a package to mail it back in, go to the post office and mail it. I wish this board was up when I researched before I bought and I hope this complaint board will help others before they go through the same thing. I've worn pantyhose that are thicker than the material on these bras.

• Ak
      10th of Jun, 2011

I ordered two sets of Genie Bras on 4/2/11. I did not receive them until 6/7/2011. So it took over two months to get the product. These bras are made of very thin elastic material. There is nothing in the band at the bottom to keep it from rolling up. Don't even try to put them on when you get out of the shower and your skin is a little damp, as the will roll up completely and good luck trying to pull them down. I totally agree with all the other posters that these bras are a total rip off. Additionally, I am incensed that I was charged $25.98 for delivery when it took over two months to receive them and they came in flimsy plastic bags that I'm sure cost not more than a dollar a piece if that.

I do not have the time or patience to put up with what the other posters have put up with to return them. So I'll save them to wear around the house as they are comfortable when you just want a (very) little support. However, if you want a good bra that supports you and looks good under your clothes, your best bet is to go shopping and try some on until you find what works for you.

Don't waste your time or money with Genie Bra.

• Te
      11th of Jun, 2011

Thanks for posting. I was going to buy but thought l would check via google on customer satisfaction. Glad l did! The commercials seem so sincere. There ought to be some law making these kind of commercials more truthful about their products or be fined for false advertising.
    Thanks to all of you for doing this public service to us. I am sorry you lost your money

warm regards to all you brave people.
    Teresa ( Canada)

• Ph
      15th of Jun, 2011

I ordered genie bras on 4/11/2011. After reading other complaints, on 4/25/2011, I cancelled the order. It took app/x 59 minutes to get someone on the phone, then I couldn't make out what the guy was saying. I asked to speak to someone that could speak better English. Thinking this order was cancelled, on 6/11/11 I received the bras and my credit card was charged. On 6/13/11, I again called billing department and was informed that the order was never cancelled and I could sent back the bras for a refund less $29.95 shippling charges. What a rip off. I would advise anyone thinking about ordering from this company. DON'T unless you want to get ripped off.

• Sc
      1st of Jul, 2011

This bra is definately not all it's hyped up to be. It's fairly comfortable and it smoothes my back well. However, the band rolls up, the bra is very sheer, but it's also hot. The support is minimal. I'm a fairly small person (5'3", 125 lb, 34C) so I don't believe size is the issue. The bra also has a much wider profile than most, so if you're wearing it with something sleeveless you will definately see the straps and where it comes up under your arms. The bra will function okay as a weekend/tee shirt bra. But for the price it should perform MUCH better than it does. I wish I hadn't ordered it.

• Ga
      5th of Jul, 2011

Thank you girls for your information, I was about to buy some, you have saved me time and heartache.

How about emailing or writing to the television stations who advertise them as it means that if they are promoting one defective product that we cannot trust anything that they promote, their integrity is well and truely in question.
    Because of the massive commercials on these shows, I normally do not bother to watch them but caught this one on the bra while at the Dr's.

• Sc
      22nd of Jul, 2011

Since I have 6 of these bras that I'm not especially happy with I thought I'd give a couple to some of my friends. They tried them on and gave them back to me! So, I can't even give them (as in FREE) away!! What does that tell you about the advertised claims??? Do...Not...Buy...

• Mf
      1st of Aug, 2011

I purchased several Genie Bras as advertised on the TV. They cleverely advertised that it should fit every-
    one. Well, it did not fit me. I tried to return them but the person barely spoke clear English said that I could not return them because I was two days past my warranty date. Needless to say, I was stuck with them. What can I do with articles of clothing under these circumstances? This company should be checked out regarding using foreigners in the customer service department who can only work with a straight, tight rule. It's bad enough that alot of things are made out of the U.S.A. now they have people who can barely speak English in the "customer service" help straighten things to English speaking people??

• La
      25th of Aug, 2011

I bought 6 bras, and a friend bought 6. We ordered together.
    The twelve bras cost 99.98. The shipping and handling cost 51.96.
    They do NOT return the exorbitant shipping and handling!

We both found they bunch up on the straps. The first bra I tried - a black one - bunched up around the back. I removed the black, and found with a nude you can avoid them bunching up around the back if you step into the bra and pull it up over your a**.

Unfortunately, the black bunching became "set in". It continued to bunch up around the back, even when removed and put on feet first. In fact, I laundered it, and it STILL bunched in the back.

However, I was unable to find a solution for the bunching straps.

This bra doesn't even hold me up! A very poor quality item.

I feel scammed.

• Ge
      25th of Aug, 2011

I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with the product. My name is Kelly and I work for Genie Bra customer service. I think that I can help you solve the problem you are having with the bunching around your back. Please contact me at [protected]@geniebra.com.

1st of Oct, 2011

These bras do not support the fuller bust as the tv commercial claims. There is no support at all and is nothing more than a seamless sleep bra without hooks. The ship and handling charges are extremely high ..$25.98, and is not refundable. It cost me over $7 to ship them back. I am out enough money to have bought three of my regular bras. This company is making false claims...buy 3 get 3 free..is a joke!! The total bill was $85.97 . I waited over 6 weeks to get them and returned them 5 weeks ago and still no refund.

• Di
      6th of Nov, 2011

What a rip off. It says to order the same size as your tops so I did, 1x and could not even get it on. Packaged it back up called them and told them no way was this a 1x as recommended.And that it was only right for them to pick up the cost of returning them. He agreed without any haggling, which tells me i wasn't the only one with this complaint. I ordered a 3x and finally received them several weeks later. Boy was I disappointed. There is absolutely no support, and far as the little inserts they sold me, well they are too small for a 3x bra and they never stay in one place as you move they move so you find yourself repositioning them alot. And on top of that the bras are still too small. I am still bulging out and I wear a 1x top! The straps are too big so you sag. I took them apart and cut off about 4 inches and resewed them. I won't wear them to work just at home.If anyone reads this save yourself the money. These do not give you perkier boobs!!

• Mo
      15th of Apr, 2012

I purchased the bras at a local Walmart store, I have to agree that they do roll. But I do like them I suffered from breast cancer in 2009 and had the lump removed, went thru chemo and radation all left my right breast smaller than the left my left is a D cup and my right is a C cup, the nice thing about the bras are that at least I don't have one cup too big for my right breast...or get one that fits the right breast and the left breast cup is way to small...