geeks.com / devices do not work
A few days ago I bought two USB PC to PC cables. They are used to transfer data from one computer to another.
On the internet I found geeks.com. Since most of computer related products do not work properly, I bought two different devices... hoping that one of them works. If this would have been the case, I would not waste my time telling you my story.
Anyway, both devices do not work... not on XP and not on Vista, They do not work on 3 different laptops and 2 desktops I tried. One device (BAFO BF-7313) suppose to come with a install CD... there was none, so I downloaded drivers from the BAFO web-site... installed them and get the message "driver not found". Device Manager tells me that the "Device is not functioning".
The other device is called "Smart PC-link" and it has the drivers internally. Does not work either.
Just in case, you may think that I am just too stupid... I am an Electronics Engineer.
Geeks.com sells garbage from China and Taiwan, forgets to send me the driver CD and then patronizes me when I ask for technical help... Their support web-site is computerized and does not allow me to send my problem description unless I click a box which says: "Have installed driver?"
The problems with computer related products are out of control. Even big companies like Microsoft cannot get it right... see Vista, and a lot of bottom-feeders like geeks.com make money selling garbage.
More geeks.com Complaints & Reviews
- geeks.com - online scam 
- geeks.com - fraud 
- geeks.com - poor service, rip-off
- geeks.com - the product was not what was described on the site
- geeks.com - counterfit security camera 
- Geeks.com Store - customer support and fraud
- Geeks.com Store - order number sybsj71589821. it's is a drone, I have read everything 3 times, on geek.com and the app they use 17track.
- Geeks - service
- geeks.com - order didn't come
- geeks.com - Blue Star 450W 20+4-pin ATX PSU, does not work