Gas Up America / gas coupons submitted to them

8459 Rainey DriveMechanicsville, VA, United States Review updated:
We received these Gas Up America coupons as a "perk" for attending a time share presentation in Williamsburg, Va back this summer. We registered the certificate with Gas Up America and received a coupon book to begin receiving our $100 promised reimbursement that was promised us at the presentation. I got no directions on how to complete the coupon and noted that the "rules" that came with the coupon almost make it impossible to get anything back from these people. Rules like: Filling in an "issue date" which i completed as the date we received the certificate to send in to them at the time share presentation. Who knows what they want in this space, there was no explanation with the coupon book. The gas receipt has to be for $20 exactly - "what a pain" - $20.10 not acceptable. Only one $20 coupon can be submitted per month. So now it takes us 5 MONTHS to redeem what was promised us. REALLY. On the directions on the bottom of the coupon number 16 states all blanks on the coupon or validation form need to filled out completely and correctly (especially the issue date) or the coupon offer is invalid. And there is no one to contact to find out if the date i assumed to be the issue date is correct or not. I'm sorry, this is a pure scam, scam, scam. It makes me want to contact the company who gave this thing away as a incentive to attend the presentation and give them a piece of our mind. Fooled me once, shame on me. It won't happen again i can assure you.

Comments

Hi
  28th of Oct, 2008

Gas Up America - No response/Never got Coupons
Gas Up America
Phone: 954 525 1777

Attended a Global Expeditions Time Share talk, decided not to purchase but was given a $100.00 Gas Voucher certificate. Followed all the rules to redeem them back in July 2008. It is now Oct. 2008 and despite repeated attempts to contact someone and find out what the delay is all about, just got the runaround and never got a direct answer nor received any communications from anyone from their company on it. A total scam and rip off of our time and efforts.
Jo
  4th of Nov, 2008
Also being manipulated by Gas Up America !!! As Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute". I agree with the individual who thinks the time share company owns some accountability as well as Gas Up America. Vacation Charters, Ltd. (my time share vendor) likely paid a fee to Gas Up America. We should persevere just as a matter of principle !!!
Ne
  8th of Nov, 2008
GAS UP AMERICA IS A SCAM!! They can't even spell our last name right. Wonder if they did that on purpose. We have made two attempts to redeem our coupons. Filled everything out correctly according to the very vague instructions. Been told by others that they have no intention of living up to their agreement. One can't fill the coupon form in correctly because of all the rules they make up as they go along. BBB is on to these scam artists as is our sponsor, Western Horizons Resort. Neither are happy about this BS. Problem is as far as we see it, there is no one representative responsible for all these yahoos. Just the individuals who have fallen into the flip side of this scam. Wonder if they get paid! We will not give up until they make good on their offer. Otherwise they will find themselves in the same file as most of our advertisements. We are not ashamed to let everyone we know about this either. Word of mouth is dangerous for these folks!
Ro
  10th of Nov, 2008
My husband and I also attended a siminar at Liki Tike Resorts in Winter Park Orlando. Promised a 3 day 2 night vacation. It also was a timeshare. We to were promised $100.00 in gas reinbursment for our 2 hour trip. We also turned in our gas receipts to only get a coupon book again. Saying turn in only one coupon per month for $20.00 only in gas. There is no issuers date on the letter that came with the coupon book, nor a number to contact, or sponsor. We are fools for falling for this, but are determined to make it where this doesn't happen to someone else out there working hard for a living. To only be promised a dream vacation that's imposible for it happen. Spend hard earned money on gas to drive hours, to sit through a grueling seminar. That leaches are swarming you to pay them thousands on a timeshare that people like us, work to hard to take the time off to enjoy!
Wi
  11th of Nov, 2008
My husband and I also attended a time sharing presentation by Vacation Charters in July '08 and did receive the same $100.00 Gas-Up- America incentive coupon. To date (11/11/08) we have received no response from vendor. Two rip-off companies in a rip-off scheme. BUYER BE WARE!!!
Mi
  11th of Nov, 2008
I went to a presentation on 10/18/08 in Liki Tiky resort in Kissimme e Fl the promise me so many gifts for the attendance including $100.00 in gas to be reimburse at soon they received the 100.00 spending receips from me;so far i did received a coupons book for 100.00 value to be use as 20.00 spending a month the time share company really rip me off
Pj
  13th of Nov, 2008
I am in the same situation as the others who have taken the time to write in. This appears to be fraudulent. I intend to take the product and their envelope that contained the coupon book to the post office and ask them to have the postmaster general look into the matter as mail fraud.
Le
  9th of Dec, 2008

Gas Up America - Coupon for $100 for gas
Pennsylvania

My wife & I attended a presentation to look at a Timeshare. As an incentive to attend we were promised a $100.00 coupon for gas. Instead we received a certificate to fill out and register with Gas Up America so they could send us the promised gas coupon.

We eventually received a book with five $20.00 coupons to fill out and return to Gas Up America with a gas receipt for exactly $20.00. There were other conditions involving impossible time constraints and limitations. Going along with them I filled out and returned the first coupon (keeping copies of everything including the original solicitation). Instead of the $20.00 coupon we received a letter advising we did not fill out the coupon properly. I verified that I did and then wrote a letter to the State Attorney General's office with copies of everything. A few weeks later I received a call from the timeshare office followed by a gift card for $20.00.

While I now received the value I was promised, I contemplating writing to the U.S. Post Master since the offer was made through the mail and it is an obvious scam.
Li
  17th of Dec, 2008

Gas Up America - no rebate received as promised
Gas Up America
Florida

For listening to a time share presentation we were offered $100. worth a gas. At first we were offered a gas CARD but after the presentation they gave us a "coupon" from Gas Up America with instructions on how to redeem your free gas. I first sent exactly a $100. gas receipt with the coupon filled out exactly as specified. What I got back was a booklet filled with $20.00 coupons, which I orginally thought was the free gas. In turned out to be another form to fill out and send back with ANOTHER receipt for $20.00 worth of gas. I was dumbfounded with this since in the orginal so called coupon/form we already send a receipt for $100. We followed the terms and instructions to a tee. I, again, sent out a $20. gas receipt and filled out the second form following the instructions. What I got back was a letter saying that after reveiwing the information that I submitted that I DID NOT follow the terms and conditions so they denied me the rebate. I was furious at this point. I realized it is impossible to get a rebate follwoing the terms and conditions they have. It wouldn't matter if you were one cent over or under or the envelope you sent it in was postmarked 8 days from the fuel purchase rather than 7 they will use that not to reimburse you. I will be writing the Attorney General about this not because I want my money but because so many have been duped by this scan. Nothing will get done if someone doesn't do something. I just hope somebody could make a difference.
Je
  31st of Dec, 2008

Gas Up America - No rebate for gas
J Taylor
Brunswick
Georgia

I got a gas up america coupon booklet. I was to send in a receipt along with one of the coupons in the booklet, so i can receive a rebate for the gas of $20.00 for each coupon . On Dec. 8th 2008 m I sent in the second coupon .I was werry about it but gas up sent me a check for the 1st coupon, 1 and a half months after the first coupon. Anyway after the 2nd coupon was sent in I received a letter saying that I did not follow the terms and condition of the offer and to read #1-#16. I did the same exect thing that I did the first time, with the first coupon. these people are wrong.
Ra
  7th of Jan, 2009
The exact same thing happened to me. Is there any phone number available to talk to someone at this company?
Ge
  23rd of Jan, 2009
I did exactly as you did and received a check from Gas Up America about 1.5 months after I submitted the first coupon and receipt. After sending in the second coupon, I also received a letter stating the same thing. Once I read over the conditions again, I realized that it's a scam. We're supposed to get a coupon book for $100.00 but it's only good for $20. The reason are the conditions: 5. Only Once Gas Up America coupon offer per household per year may be redeemed, which means it would take 5 years to get entire $100 amount. But then it states on 15. All coupons must be redeemed within 12 months of the issue date, making the other four coupons worthless!
Pa
  26th of Jan, 2009

Gas Up America - SCAM
GAS UP AMERICA
Phone: 386-492-1119

This Company is absolute ###. It is a rip off and when I go to Florida next time I would love to pay them visit. I went to a timeshare in the Poconos, PA. Same story, 100 dollar gas voucher, I spent all this time collecting receipts and filling out form, and it is complete B.S. I believe there number is 386-492-1119. They sent me the same bs response as everyone else, . The form is not filled out correctly. and they DO NOT tell you Why.. it is very frustrating and they should pay severely.
Da
  3rd of Feb, 2009
I have given up on receiving at least one $20.00 check. I did receive a letter indicating I did not fill out the coupon correctly. I sent it back corrected on Dec 15 2008 it indicated in the letter I should expect a check within 21 days of them receiving the corrected coupon. It is now Feb 3 2009 and no check!
  11th of Feb, 2009
This is a rip off!!! If everyone would contact the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau of Florida, maybe we could straighten up their act or better yet, put them out of business for good. I have 2 phone #s that may help. 386-492-1119 And Spirit incentives that issues the vouchers @954-525-1777. Go ahead "Make their day"
  11th of Feb, 2009
I have another phone # 954-525-1777. This # is Spirit Incentives which provides the vouchers. Good luck- You'll need it. Better yet, How about calling the better business bureau and the Attorney Generals office in Florida.
Le
  21st of Feb, 2009
They never sent reimbursement checks for gas purchases. I lost 100.00. Please reply.
Jo
  20th of Mar, 2009

Gas Up America - Gas reimbursement coupon
Gas up America
p.o. Box 7154
Florida

I went to a presentation here in Seattle, WA and for my attendance I was told I would receive a $100.00 gas card, all I had to do was get gas in $20.00 increments and submit my coupon with the gas receipt and i would receive my gas cards within 21 days, well it is march 2009, I send my first coupon in January 2009 and February 2009, I have not received my gas cards for january nor feburay.
Jm
  25th of Mar, 2009

Gas Up America - Not compliance
Gas up America
P.O.Box 7154
Datona Beach
Florida

I went to a showing at Millwood Landing at Millwood, Arkansas on the promise of $100 in gas vouchers, in $20 increments 1 per 30 days. I have summitted 4 and have gotten 2 responses saying I didn't meet ALL 16 requirments. I have called and left messages 6 - 7 times, written 4-5 letters requesting WHAT item or items were in error. I got 2 responses, both a form letter saying I missed 1 or more items, listing ALL 16 items but not telling me which one(s).