Gas Up America / rebate on gas not received

po box 7154Daytona Beach Shores, FL, United States Review updated:
4.45
Phone: not listed on form
My wife and I attended a timeshare sales pitch for which we were promised 100 dollars in gas rebates in 20 dollar monthly increments . The company that sponsored the offer was Vacation Charters in PA. I submitted the form and first gas receipt on 10/17/08 with the understanding that I would receive the first rebate in 21 days of receipt. To date, I have not received the rebate with the new form that I need to submit the next 20 dollars, I have not received a phone call from them and have not been contacted by email. Today is november 18th so it is over one month.

Comments

Al
  4th of Dec, 2008
I sent in a coupon to recieve 100 dollars, after my inital puchase of gas at any gas station that was listed on the the back of the coupon and then after the fuel purchase I was to mail in the coupon within 30days to gas up america(PO Box in Fort Lauderdale Fl), by Nov3, 2008. I mailed my gas receipt along with their coupon on Oct 16, 2008. I have not yet recieved anything, nor heard anything from the company.

PS: This coupon for 100 gas was a gift for attending a timeshare siminar, also when I recieved the coupon instructions on what to do were listed and a deadline, but there was not any contact information.
Pa
  11th of Dec, 2008
"I just wanted to tell you that your company is a total rip-off.I included an original receipt (for $100 of cash)with my activation form; which you ignored from when I mailed on 8/16/2008 till 10/14/2008. Then on 10/14/2008 I received the Gas Coupon which I sent back with a different gas receipt;(for $20) which today (I received a letter that you turned me down again because I did not follow all your terms). With all the time between the intial Activation Form (received 8/16/2008), Gas Coupons (received 10/14/2008) and now a decline letter (received 12/11/2008); who can possibly understand WHAT DATES your company goes by." ... written to Gas Up America. I also sent an email to SplitRock Resort stating that they have falsified an offer to receive $100 worth of gas.
Vi
  26th of Jan, 2009
I want to add my comments to the complaint from the PA couple. We also attended a timeshare sales offering at Split Rock Resort on July 26, 2008. Having received the gas coupon book after returning the initial Activation Form, I returned 4 coupons (one every month for 4 months) - 2 were declined and I received checks in the amount of $20.00 for each of the other two . I was very careful to follow the instructions on the coupon book! I agree this offering is a rip-off. I intend to follow-up this complaint with an e-mail to Split Rock Resort as I believe they should be responsible for fulfilling their obligation.
Di
  2nd of Mar, 2009
Look up Debt Eater, it's part of their PRETEXTING fraud/Scam ... I became a member of the club when I ordered a free trial of LiftSP, over $200.00 later stolen out of my Paypal account and hassles too numerous to mention, these violators of fair business, fraudulent, and deceptive practices just happened to send me a little card in the mail for GasUpAmerican.net, the return address Debt Eater Gas Certificate, 1914 East 9040 South #433, Sandy, UT 84093 ... NO PHONE NUMBER AGAIN ... there was NO PHONE NUMBER when they robbed me for $29.95 either. There's no way I would sign into these "gansters" websites. I removed all $$$$ from that account and have refuted all $$$ taken from LiftSP, aka Skin Perfection, Debt Eater, aka GasUpAmerica, and ACAI!!! IF you are involved with these violators, please contact the FTC, FBI (online fraud), BBB (Utah), and Attorney General of Utah ... Make copies, like mine, to use for your case against these scam artists. CLOSE your credit card, or like me, trusting an AOL ad, close your Debit Card and REMOVE money from the account --- they will continue to withdrawal the money without your approval! Otherwise, as you cancel one company, another will come and steal from you!