Gander Mountain — would not do a price match
I opened a Gander Mountain MasterCard a little over a year ago with plans to buy a gun safe or a GPS. After earning over $200 I shopped for a safe. I found a great price on one at a local store that Gander Mountain did not carry so bought it and planned on getting the GPS. They had a limited selection but I liked the Garmin Oregon 600T they had clearance priced at $399.94. I found the same exact model on sale at Cabela’s and another online retailer for $250 with free shipping. I called Gander Mt to price match and place my order. They first verified it being the identical item and the price then told me they could not price match. I spoke with a supervisor who told me the same thing and told me the best he could do is take $20 off. What good are $200 worth of credit if you are paying $130 plus tax more for the identical item. I sent letters to both the corporate office and sales office 3 weeks ago with printouts of both ads for comparison. No reply. I have no choice other than buying the GPS and basically losing $130 of my credit or buy other items. Either way, once I make my purchase I will close my account and never shop there again.
Updated by Warren Bartholomew, Jan 12, 2017
First, they do not match prices of other seller's clearance items, this was a sale price on both Cabela's and the other site. They stated the price was below their cost however refused to tell me what their cost was or be willing to bring the price down to their cost..
More Gander Mountain Complaints & Reviews
- Gander Mountain - gift card fraud 
- Gander Mountain - ad 
- Gander Mountain - boat motor has never worked right 
- Gander Mountain - false advertising 
- Gander Mountain - myth baitcast combo rod and reel
- Gander Mountain Inc - shipping charges
- Gander Mountain - firearm pricing
- Gander Mountain Inc - delivery of discovery canoe 
- Gander Mountain - raincoat #77113 seam tape peeling off.
- Gander Mountain - customer service