Gamefly / CROOK COMPANY

1 P.O. Box 6019Inglewood, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-986-6400

Even though I returned a rented game they sent me to COLLECTION "Rickenbacker Group" (another cr?p company). There was no way but to pay for what I never had to if I was dealing with a REPUTABLE COMPANY. STAY AWAY !!!

Bf

Comments

• St
      17th of Jun, 2008

My exerience with Gamefly has led me to believe that they intentionally delay the processing of recieved games and the shipment of requested games to make more money off the monthly subscription fee.

It typically takes them almost 2 weeks to acknowledge a recieved game, and another week or two to ship the next one in my queue. So basically they just charged me a months subscription while they sit on their *****- the more time they kill without sending me a game, the more money they make.

• Ph
      12th of Nov, 2008

Wow, i can honestly say that this has never happened to me. I've had both gamefly and netflix for about the same amount of time and this has never happened. I get my games within 3 business days, and they receive the ones i send back in about the same timeframe. Like i said in a netflix post, maybe it has something to do with where you are located, and the availability of the games your requested. i would look into that before making any kind of accusations.

• Gr
      28th of Dec, 2008

They would have only sent your account to a collections agency if you didn't return there games after canceling your account with them, and only after an extended period of time (like a month). If it takes you more then a month to return your games that you're no longer paying for, you must be some deadbeat and deserve to be sent to collections.

• Ed
      15th of Jan, 2009

Gamefly also seceretly signs you up to a vacation deal where they take money out of your account monthly even after you've cancled game fly took me and my wife a year to actually find out why 10 dollars was coming out of her account every month because of the way it appears on the bank statement it makes it look like some bank fee even the the ppl from the bank was in disbelief at how sneaky they were about it.

• Co
      18th of Aug, 2009

Due to slow service and the fact that I never got any of the games located in the top 10 of my queue I decided to drop the service. I waited until 2 days before the end of my billing month, cancelled and mailed back the last game I had; Sims 2 Pets for the PS2. The next morning at 7:24am, less than 24 hours from the time I mailed the game, I received and email from them stating that the game was broken beyond repair and that I had to pay $49.99. They are obviously lying to get more money. There is no way they could have recieved the game back yet. In addition, they will only give you $4.70 as a trade in for this game so why would they charge me $49.99. The company is a scam.

• Gh
      11th of Mar, 2010

I've been a member of Gamefly since 2003. The company was above average on It's shipping times, customer service, ect until last year when they opened up more shipping centers, supposedly to increase their shipping times and game availibility. What a joke that's been. While their quick to take their monthly fees from your account on time they sure take their sweet time when It comes to providing the service your paying for. I canceled my sub with them a few months ago over paying for two games out and sometimes going into two weeks before they would mail me "one " game.This company needs some hard core lessons on the value of good customer service. I wish I had the means to create a company to compete with them. I'd bury them in their own poor attitude. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. If your on Facebbok or any of the other web sites like it, spread the word. It's time a company like this learned that the "little guy"can cause some damage too or haven't they heard of David and Goliath? He who has stones start throwing them! Enough is enough

• Th
      2nd of Jul, 2011

@Green_Gecko_Joker - stop pretending to be me, you are PETE STEDS/SMITH, DAVID LANGLEY AKA A CHEAT LIAR AND SCAMMER EVERYONE BEWARE

• Ga
      5th of Sep, 2011

Takes waaaaaaaaaay to long to get a game. For a single games it can take up to a week of waiting.