G3 Telecom / Double charging!

1 San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408-894-0168

I was sold on G3 for the ability to make calls overseas from my cell phone and I will be charged the land line rate. I registered my cell phone and my wife cell phone to be authorized. The first time happened to me I tried to phone UK, I dialed the local phone number given by G3 as I do when I use my land line, and then I pressed the pre programmed number in my list in G3 and I did my call, I was surprised when I received my cell phone bill to see that I was charged for my call to UK. I phoned G3 customer service, and they was rude and treated me as a child asking if I press this or that, finally they asked to fax the cell phone bill so they can investigate, I did not the amount was around $6 and I decided to forgo this and I stopped using my cell phone to call abroad.

This time it happed to my wife, she had to call the Philippines while she was away from home, the surprise was when her cell phone bill arrived it shows G3 local number followed by the Philippines number, she had to do two calls, and both showing the same this time the dollar amount is around $60.
Again I phone customer service and we went through the same humiliation, finally they asked me to fax the cell phone bill, which I did, I highlighted where the call was on the bill.

Few weeks past I did not hear back from anyone, I called customer service again asking to talk to the supervisor, but every time I get different excuse, one time she out for lunch another she gone for the day and so on, I left my name and contact number for her to return my call but of course no one did.
I am sure that this amount will not bankrupt me, but I wounder how many people get cheated by G3 and pay twice for there calls.

This is big cheat from G3.

I would like to hear from others with the same experience from G3 Telecom

Comments

• Mm
      3rd of Apr, 2008

A lot of problems arise when using cellphones to call long distance though another carrier WHEN YOU FAIL TO TAKE NOTE OF THE FF:

1. Usually when using a different long distance carrier you will be asked to dial in an access number. MAKE SURE YOU ONLY PRESS THE SEND KEY ONCE.

2. After you are prompted to enter your long distance number, it is helpful if you press the # key afterwards (this will connect you faster). DO NOT PRESS THE SEND KEY AGAIN. Doing so will cause you to be double-charged both by G3 (in this case) and by your cellphone service provider.

• Kh
      12th of Sep, 2010

G3 company DOES take your money without giving you the minutes they did promise. They have the drop calls technique: for example you try to make an international call, there will be a ring for so me time say 1 minute then you will get charged for that and to get a refund you have to call within 24 hrs or your money is GONE...it's like buying anything from any store and the cashier will not give you your change back unless you ask it within 1 minute.
    And their customer services are really bad...even worse their supervisors..and if you want to make a complain you will get lost...no one will pick up the phone...SO PLEASE don't waste your money ...

• Gi
      24th of Nov, 2010

I am a customer of G3 Telecom for 5 years now and I never had any issues with G3. I disagree with what you said, G3 Does not take money when not connected. If it does, I call customer service and they give my money back. Unlike with phone cards and other companies, they do not give your money back even if your calls are not connected. What good with G3 is they have live customer service agents 24 hours a day so when I need someone to talk to I am confident that someone will pick up my call.

• Xx
      4th of Mar, 2011

Grrraaaahhh! I should have read this before I did my purchase! I have the exact similar experience. I just found out today, March 3, 2011. I purchased $20 on Dec. 3, 2010 and was promised this free 30 minutes and their TV ad was very promisingly low rate. Too good to be true indeed! I hardly used my free minutes (not more than 5 minutes) and most of those calls (to Philippines) did not go through yet I was charged everytime. I would hear my new lesser balance everytime I redial (bec I didn't get through earlier). I called to fix it and I was told to call back within 24 hours to find out status. I was not able to call back until a month later, which was today. Then I was told that it my call records was too old for them to look up, that someone else must have accessed my PIN and used up my minutes. If I want it looked up, their investigation dept (or wahtever you call it) will do the research bec their database only holds 3 weeks worth of records. Anyway, they said that I cannot get my 30 free minutes and I said that okay and I am quitting their subscription. But they also said that they cannot refund my $20.00, either I use it up or not, they will not refund it because I'm quitting. That's when I said that its my money and if they will not refund it, i will talk to my bank to take back the $20.00. The supervisor said that they will refund me the balance of $15.83 but I had to be upset first before they give me MY money back. THEIR TV ADS ARE SO PROMISING BUT DON'T GET SUCKED IT. THEIR ADS LIE LIE LIE!! AND ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY.

• Ha
      12th of May, 2011

I have been a customer of G3 for almost 4 years now. So far so good, I call the Philippines all the time and I never had any problems calling to the Philippines. Except with this 2 incidents where my call was not connected and 2 minutes was taken out from my account. I called customer service and they gave my money back. That's what I like with G3, I can call their customer service anytime. I like the quality and I am not ashamed of referring it to my friends.

• Is
      27th of Oct, 2011

We're g3 customers for a long time. I never imagined that I will be having problem with g3. I reggered my mom. My mom tried my account first, and my mom trusted the service, now she have her own account. But, when she tried using the account after a week her cellphone provider contacted her abd informed her that h er bill reached $600 plus. So, we tried contacting g3 after we talked to my moms cellphone provider.. to make the long story short, g3 just gave us an attitude and a load of crap!!! Don't be fooled by g3. And those complaints here that we read are all true for i had experience all the complaints here. The worst experience was my moms experience from g3.

• Kr
      3rd of Oct, 2012

worst service and woest after sale service never recommend

• En
      29th of Nov, 2012

DOUBLE CHARGING INDEED and G3 SYSTEM FAILURE! The SAME EXACT INCIDENT happened to me on 1 Oct 2012 with a call I made to Canada. Was told to forward copy of phone bill from Verizon and they will investigate. I also forwarded a screen shot of my cell phone's dialed call record clearly indicating I was connected to G3 and my call should have been charged to my G3 account and not Verizon . The complaints above are TRUE and ACCURATE! DO NOT BE FOOLED BY G3! The connection is SO UNRELIABLE and CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS! THEY ARE WORTHLESS! You think you're saving money with their cheap rate? Hell No! YOU NEVER KNOW IF AND WHEN CONNECTION FAILS AND THE ONLY HAPPY CUSTOMER IS YOUR LOCAL PHONE CARRIER with their outrageous international rate. So, I went back to Verizon for my wireless international call service. There's a monthly fee of $3.99/month and a few cents higher rate than G3 BUT... I sure have PEACE OF MIND and great customer reps I can clearly understand :-)

• Si
      1st of May, 2013

I wanted to De-activate my G3 Account. But while contacting the customer care, they are not ready to provide a link where we can close the account or even to change the Credit card number. it's unnecessarily charging some amounts every month.
    Can someone help me?

• Ge
      6th of Jun, 2013

Not sure what problem is, G3 has been very good to me. Good value for quality, and I really haven't had any problems with them. Maybe there was problems before but I can assure no problems anymore...

2nd of Oct, 2013

dont get trapped into G3Mobile. It never shows you how many minutes you used neither it shows how many minutes you exceeded. They surprises you on the next bill with the just a bill where they dont even mention any minutes used. You should be very careful while choosing the G3Mobile. the Online account always shows you have 0.01$ and you will really think you have enough balance. But reality is, you never know how they charge and how they come up with charges until end of month. Dont fall into this trap

• Lo
      6th of Dec, 2013

REALLY BAD SERVICE AND WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever encountered.
    Purchased long distance minutes but the upon calling access numbers, the call dropped 15 times. I could make 2 calls to phillipines for 5 minutes and 2 minutes each and call dropped. Customer service calls also dropped approx. 12 times. Finally a RUDE customer service executive denied any kind of help on call drops and connecting problems. Upon asking for refund (within 12 hours of paying) I was told "we cannot refund any amount as YOU are the one who chose to make payment online and we dint make payment on your behalf, we see 6 international calls of 5 minutes on your line so our service is perfect. We cannot do anything at this stage for you, we can only cancel next month's payment.

• Me
      7th of Mar, 2015

I'm on long distance plan for $18.95 every month worth 200 minutes. The amount was drafted from my account on a Saturday. By the time I have to call and use my minutes the same day, I was told by customer service that I have to wait until Monday for the minutes to be available. I asked for the manager who can help since I need to use it for urgent call. Customer service said that even the manager cannot help me. I was able to talk to the manager and the same response was given that I need to wait until Monday. I ended up cancelling my prepaid and just have the money drafted on my account convert it to regular prepaid and at the same time have the minutes available in 5 minutes. In my opinion this unacceptable. I already paid my monthly and I couldn't get the service right on time.
    Frustrating...

• Fr
      11th of Jun, 2016

G3 Telecom are CROOKS.
    After taking over Telna, what was great company & service for international direct dial, land line to land line I receive email regarding rates and after just 4 months my rate vent from 0.14c. to 0.95c just about 700% soo I check website it's 0.95.8c. I called there custumer service "in Philippines". Dude verify rate is 0.95c and ask did I receive email regarding rates going up so I said I did receive email and ask to talk to supervisor and he said to me "why you want to talk to supervisor, he will tell you a same thing"
    So I canceled service right there.
    I just can't believe this crooks have a balls to increase a rate almost 700% land line to land line even AT&T has a better rate with $5.99 fee 0.35c a minute

• Ph
      18th of Jul, 2016

My problem is that I just want to get out of there. There is no delete option for your credit card to be taken out of the acct. However you can add a credit card. Isn't that interesting??? Customer service was ok before when company was called Telna. Now w/ 3gtelecom it's horrible... They don't return phone calls ever. Put in request to transfer my 800# to my in-laws when I go on vacation so they can take care of my business. They say ok, no problem. I go on vacation, and my 800# still not transferred, thus getting business phone calls while I'm trying to spend some time with my family. This happened every single time with 3gtelecom. Just horrible!!! STay AWAYYYYYYYYY