funtonia.com / Unauthorized billing

I found this company online while searching for ringtones to download to my cell phone. I paid $23 for a year of unlimited downloads. From day one I had problems with downloading the ringtone the text they sent to my cell phone always had an error message stating that the URL did not exist. I contacted the company through their email because of course they have no phone number and always got prompt response and help on ways to solve the problem.

When it came down to it after 5 different attempts I told the company I am sorry but my phone just is not compatible with their service in any of the 5 ways to get the ringtones and if I could regrettably have a refund of my $23. I never got a response once I pushed the send button and after 2 months of emails I have yet to receive any form of reply or assistance after all the prompt service I received when i asked for help in trying to download the ring tones.

This company is a rip off and they know that they are and I want more to be done and am wondering is there a way to actually file a suit against them and get them out of business? This company has been ripping people off for at least 4 years and they need to be stopped.

La

Comments

• Tm
      2nd of Mar, 2009

They charge your credit card without your permission and do not supply any service.

• Cf
      16th of Oct, 2009
    Funtonia.com - Fraud
    Funtonia
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    cfoxtorres@burdmanlaw.com

Paid for membership and have never been able to download my ringtones. What a rip-off I want my money back!!! Does anyone care?

• Ju
      3rd of Nov, 2009

They ripped me off too and are giving me the run around about a refund

• Hi
      6th of Jan, 2011

Hi,

I too just signed up for Funtonia. I thought I was getting 3 months for $5.99 but it turned out I was billed $18.49. Which is a crock. However, I did end up getting ring tones and that is why I am commenting.

Have you tried their wap service? That's how I ended up getting my ringtones. If you have surfing/web access on your phone, you can go to http://wap.funtonia.com from your phone, sign in and then download (to your hearts content I might add) the ringtones you have saved in your download folder.

I wouldn't recommend this site to ANYONE but I do intend on getting my money's worth! Good luck and God bless!

• La
      16th of Apr, 2013

I AGREE, I was charged 23.95, from this site, I didn't sign up or give permission to steal money from my debit child support card, I wish someone would give me my money back, , , , , I don't know how company's get away with stuff like that, , , I have sent them email and will cont to do so till I get a response, , , , all this is wrong, , , , , , very PISSED, , , , ,