FunMobile.com / Unsolicited text messaging!

This company sends unsolicited text messages that result in $5.99 charge against your cell service. They have sent 7 messages in 14 days. Verizon Wireless seems unwilling to block this scam operator. Do the state Attorneys General have any jurisdiction here? Plz advise smb!

Comments

• Al
      12th of Dec, 2006

I've been getting unsolicited text messages on my cell phone, from funmobile....I ask them to stop and they don't accept my reply as a message. I want them to stop.

• Pa
      16th of Dec, 2006

I'm having the same problem. I keep trying to make them stop and I get no reply. Only many text messages and a bill from Verizon. I have not asked for this service and I want it to stop. Is there anyone out there that can help me make them stop?

• Sh
      17th of Dec, 2006

I just tried to log on to a web site, it read, FREE ring tone next thing i know i'm subscribed 14x19.99/mo.!

• El
      20th of Dec, 2006

This company is sending my phone unwanted jokes everyday and everyday I have to erase these messages that I never signed up for. And now they are stating that I will be charged $5.99 weekly and $23.99 monthly. How can I stop this from happening? And also how do I get a hold of this company. I will have to shut down my service with Sprint if they are not willing to Block this person from charging me. I will refuse to pay THIS PERSON. Please respond A.S.A.P. I will have to go further than this.

• Li
      21st of Dec, 2006

I began receiving these messages last week. I notified Verizon that they were unsolicited. I was advised to reply with "Stop" "Unsubscribe" "Quit". I receive a return reply that my mail is not understood. Verizon told me to contact them if the messages do not stop. They offered to credit my account for these calls. Wish me luck!

• Me
      26th of Dec, 2006

I received jokes unsolicited and was charged $5.99 each through my Verizon cell phone company. I called them and they said that they just billed for them. When I ask for a phone number to discuss this with FunMobile, I was given a phone number to unsubscribe. I cannot send an email or call anyone about these charges. If anyone has an email address or a phone number I would like to have it. This is a scam and needs to be investigated.

• Je
      27th of Dec, 2006

I have been billed twice for $5.99 for unsolicited text messages by cell phone service provider (Alltel) and they would do nothing about it, other than who the charges were from.

• Ro
      1st of Jan, 2007

For the last 2 months I have been billed $66.90 for unwanted text msg on my verizon account, I have tried to contact funmobile without any satisfaction. I did not subscribe to this service and don't want it. Anybody, help me to get it stopped.

• Ba
      3rd of Jan, 2007

I thought i was getting free ringtone but now keep getting text msgs and am being charged to my cell phone. I have e-mailed them twice to stop it with no reply and text messages are still coming.

• To
      3rd of Jan, 2007

I was on line and a pop up said, "enter cell # for a free ring tone"... I did and now I'm being billed $5.99 a week.

• Jp
      14th of Jan, 2007

Have called customer service number to unsubscribe, have texted message STOP to no avail. Have contacted the BBB , still waiting for response from them...

• Ph
      16th of Jan, 2007
    Value Joke Club - I do not want this service!

I received a text message from 996-21 stating that I am subscribed to Value Club 2 for jokes. I am being charged $5.99 a week/ 23.96 a month. I do not want this service! I don't know how to contact them.

Please help!
    Thanks.

• Lm
      21st of Jan, 2007

They better not send me anymore text or Verizon will lose me as a customer

• Je
      22nd of Jan, 2007

For all who got stuck with this crap here you go...
    CONSUMERCARE@FUNMOBILE.COM

I threatened them with the BBB and the FTC for false advertising.....lets keep fake companies like this from ever doing business again. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Jennifer Scott

• Pa
      23rd of Jan, 2007

I also was told that I would receive free ring tones, and then received a message about the charge, so I cancelled it within an hour and was told that it was cancelled, but I was still charged $6.00 for this. I just hope that I don't get any more charges from Funmobile as I don't want it. I have never received anything for the $6.00 that they did charge me. This is a scam. I guess nothing is free.

• Ho
      26th of Feb, 2007

I've been getting these jokes everyday and I have asked them to stop and they keep sending them to me and my phone is being charged for something that I haven't subscribed to. Please help me to take these charges off of my phone bill and to make them stop texting me. I can't change my phone number because I have a lot of business being handled by this phone number.

• Ke
      26th of Feb, 2007

I received a $30.00 charge on my verizon bill for text messages. I have unsubscribed to all services from this company. - this is a nightmare - there is no customer service number and no way to contact them. BBB need to shut them down - how many people are they getting money from - since they are not a us company - what do we do???

1st of Mar, 2007

Yes i would like for them to stop text messaging me as well they shouldn't be able to get away with it and yes they are charging me 5.99 per day i will eventually shut my cell phone down if this continues and i will not carry one.

• Cy
      13th of Mar, 2007

I have called customer service number to unsubscribe, have sent message STOP to no avail. Have contacted the BBB, still waiting for response from FunMobile...

• Ju
      27th of Mar, 2007

You can also call to unsubscribe: 1-800-659-4091.

We sent a text on Deal or No Deal and this was the result of sending that text!