Frontier Communicationstermination billing policies

My latest promotion was due to expire on June 20. 2018...about two months prior I called and was told too early to discuss. I then called about 3 weeks prior and was given a quote of a new promotion. I was told no contract with new promo. I informed them I would think about it. I called back on June 20 to try again for a new promotion. Was given a higher rate and told would involve a one year contract. I verified that my promotion would end that day and informed I would call back to accept or terminate. I was given no further info. I got a much better deal with Spectrum.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Banning, CA They were out today June 23 and installed our new internet and phone. Great customer service and replaced some TV remotes. I called Frontier to terminate my service. I was told I could not terminate until June 25. Not happy, but said can you tell me how much I will owe final bill. I was informed that Frontier will not prorate their final bill. I am so angry. My service date begins on 18th. So had I terminated on 20th, they would have billed me a full bill for two days. As it is, I will be billed around $80 for 6 days of service. I will pay Spectrum $86 for TV with extras, internet and phone. This does not seem legal to me and in any case immoral.

Bj
Jun 23, 2018

Comments

• Go
      Jul 22, 2018

standard rates apply after year 1. Free DVR service for 1 DVR is for year 1(15$ mnth after); standard rates apply after year 1. TV: Equipment required 10$ each TV)and is extra; channel and HD programming availability(10$) based on level of service. INTERNET: Available Internet speeds may(will) vary by address; . VOICE: Taxes and fees included in price. Other equipment, install, taxes, fees & surcharges may apply(so, they are really billing you taxes and fees). Services not available in all areas. Restrictions apply. Standard (FULL)rates apply after promotion. TV equipment required & is extra. speeds UP to 60 Mbps(pay EXTRA for faster speeds). TV pack is lowest you can get, Internet is slow-You have to pay 10$ for every additional 10Mb. Other equipment, install, taxes, fees & surcharges may(WILL) apply. Restrictions apply. requires purchase of a standard Triple Play package (your locked in a contract). Do you really think they would buy out a previous companys contract without some guarantee? The first year 89.99 is base price-10$ each additional TV + equipment, install, taxes, fees & surcharges.First year about 140$ a month-After that you are looking at an increase to 240 each month and you cannot get out of it. And ALL companies bill for a full billing cycle after disconnecting. They are public utilities and everything they do is legal. It costs money to connect and disconnect services- I promise you will be regretting this a year from now. Good luck

• Ge
      Aug 01, 2018

@golfer1200 You are WRONG, just talked to Spectrum and they charge for services used only not the whole billing cycle. Get your facts before you post your fake news.