French Riviera, behrman

4.6
French Riviera
New Orleans, Louisiana
Phone: 504 451 7245
I signed a contract four months ago at the french riviera spa located on behrman hwy. I was told that I could cancel my contract at anytime. . It over draws my account each month and my bank charges me 35.00 per od. I am 22 years old with no job right now and owing 1500 a month for school. paying rent, bills, my car, and food, i can no longer afford or have time for a gym . I called paramount acceptance to cancel my membership with french riviera, and they told me the only way I can cancel is if i was moving 35 miles away from a facility, or if I had a medical disorder that prevents me from using the facility. and that it is in my contract, when i was told, I could cancel at anytime with a cancellation fee. when asked can I be sent a copy of my contract, they want to charge me 5 dollars. So now, i am being charged 45 dollars, instead of 30 dollars like I was told, for the next 2 years. I think it is unfair for these people to tell others that they cant cancel a membership. it is a GYM! even credit card companys dont do this kind of crap to their customers. I cant afford it. I have more important things to take care of in my life.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Fitness Centers

Comments

N  25th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
close your account...I joined with no contract and now they're trying to sue me for 211.90 which I refuse to pay...I changed my debit card so they don't have my account.
A  30th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
I'm curious as to how this turned out. I've had multiple issues with this company. I Don't know why I kept going back. The issues are mind blowing. But it was the closest gym to my house. I get burned every time. They do REALLY bad Business. Yet they want to whine because Planet fitness is killing their customer base. They are their own worst enemy.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree