Freeman FloristBouquet

A bad experience. I dropped by the Whitesands branch for the first time, browsing for a simple bouquet for a young girl. As the ones off-the-shelf at $10 were not as nice, the staff (Sharon) who attended to me offered to custom-make something similar based on my budget of $10. What she suggested came up to $11.90 which was acceptable to me. However, little did I expect it to be incomplete as it's lacking a ribbon at the end of it which I was told was at an additional cost. I requested for the string not to be cut away but leave it daggling for it to look more complete but I was turned away, claiming it's against the company's policy. What company policy is that? I was asked to buy a ribbon at $1 to complete it. I didn't think it's ethical to force it on the customer for add-on cost. I requested to replace the string and I was told again it's against the company policy. Clearly the staff has no customer service and did not understand the essence of customer satisfaction. I requested to speak to the manager and I was put through to Nelson who after hearing my feedback, tried hard to justify the reason for cutting the string (despite it being a customer's request not to) and emphasised the company policy again. It makes one conclude Freeman Florist does not understand the basics of customer satisfaction. It's my first patronage and it's definitely my last as well. It's going to my circle of friends staying in Pasir Ris.

Ke