freelancer.com / project fee deduction & penalty
Firstly:I recently did a project for the value of R444.00 for a client on Freelancer.com. After completing the the project the client released the milestone payment and my account was credited accordingly. The client then requested additional work and by mistake indicated the Budget amount as $150.00 instead of $15.00. Freelancer.com immediately deducted their 10% project fee ($15.00) from my Freelancer account, which I consider premature, unethical and unprofessional conduct as I haven't even started with the additional work, no milestone payment was yet in place and definitely no payment.
The premature deduction of the project fee for the additional work resulted that I do not have enough money in my Freelancer.com account to make a withdraw as there has to be a minimum of $30.00 in my account before I can make a withdraw.
Prematurely deducting project fees purely based on that the freelancer (me) simply accepted a project and before the client could even make a milestone payment and or a final payment, this action is a reflection of greediness on the part of Freelancer.com.
Secondly: Out of pure frustration I provided the client with my e-mail address. Since then the client cancelled the additional work / project. I then requested a refund of the project fee taken from my account. I suddenly received a formal warning that I violated their T & C's by providing my client with my e-mail address. I do not dispute this and I accept the formal warning. Here is the cherry on the cake, I received an e-mail from a person only known as Liz, informing me that I will not be refunded as Freelancer.com took the money as a penalty for violating their T & C"s. There were no mentioned made in the formal warning of any financial penalties. I never heard of a warning and a financial penalty been issued simultaneously for a first violation, how was the penalty amount calculated?
More freelancer.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] www.freelancer.com - fake projects and identity 
- [Resolved] freelancer.com - scam via account suspension 
- freelancer.com - freelancer.com will steal your money 
- freelancer.com - account closed, stole my money 
- [Resolved] freelancer.com - scam 
- Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com - I am a customer and in my opinion they are unethical
- Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com - freelancer not maintaining words integrity
- www.freelancer.com - service
- Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com - milestone unpaid but freelancer.com fee charged
- freelancer.com - freelancer.com