Freecreditscore.com / False Advertisement/Misleading Ads
1. Freecreditscore.com advertises a "free" credit report, however when you go online to order your "free" report you
ARE REQUIRED to sign up for a trial membership (see below, exhibit A). Although they state you may cancel,
they're BANKING on you forgetting, at least for a month's worth of fees, and last time I checked that didn't denote
free. Did Merriam Webster misdefine "free" or have the customer service reps at freecreditscore.com drank the
kool-aid? The reps are extremely defensive!
When you order your free Score here, you will begin your trial membership in Triple Advantage. If you don't cancel your membership within 9 days, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You can cancel your membership by contacting us at any time and stop the monthly billing; however, you will not be eligible for a pro-rated refund of your current month's paid membership fee.
2. Should you choose to dispute the charges, good luck, they've taken you for your money & you're not getting it back!
3. Guess who is the mother company for Freecreditscore.com, you had to see this one coming? (see below, Exhibit B)
You may be surprised that one of the 3 Credit Bureaus, Experian, owns Freecreditscore.com and take a look at
their other internet properties.
an Experian® company, Call Us Toll-Free: [protected]
Internet properties include FreeCreditReport.comSM, FamilySecure.comSM, Affiliate Fuel, ClassesUSA.com®, PriceGrabber.com® and LowerMyBills.com®.
4. Yes, while it is true that Freecreditscore.com is not a credit bureau, they are owned by one of the credit bureaus,
Experian (see their statement below in Exhibit C about not being able to forward your dispute correspondence to
"the" credit bureau. Wow, not even yourself, if you're the reporting entity? They make this statement, almost as
if "they" have no knowledge of how to contact either of the 3 bureaus! Transparency please, you're ONE of them!
Please be aware that FreeCreditScore.com is not a credit bureau and cannot accept correspondence in regards to credit report disputes, security alerts, or credit report freezes. We are also unable to forward correspondence to the credit bureau.
It makes you wonder, why do reputable news outfits (i.e. The Today Show's, Jean Chatzsky and other financial experts) advertise for a company with such questionable business practices? As the rep at their toll-free number extolled, "we are a for-profit business, Maam!" Well of course you are, you just advertise one of your resources as "free" when it should be, if you are an ethical business, "free when you sign-up for a trial membership at $14.95 per month!" I'm just saying! The mere questioning of their business practice, incenses their customer service reps.
More Freecreditscore.com Complaints & Reviews
- Freecreditscore.com - unjustified debit of $19.95 
- Freecreditscore.com - Scam: Charged for &free Trial& 
- Freecreditscore.com - Charged me AFTER I cancelled my account 
- Freecreditscore.com - billing
- Freecreditscore.com - FRAUD 
- Freecreditscore.com - Unauthorized Charge 
- Freecreditscore.com - Deceptive & Fraudulent Business Practices 
- Freecreditscore.com - SCAM 
- Freecreditscore.com - unauthorized charges
- Freecreditscore.com - charges