Freecreditscore.com / Charged me AFTER I cancelled my account

United States Review updated:

After discovering I needed to cancel my account in order not to get billed each month, I did so in Oct. In Jan, I found the same monthly charge on my account after I already cancelled my membership. I called them and they said someone else used my card to create a new membership account. I find this suspicious and unbelievable--why would someone with my card information use it for credit reporting, they would use it to buy other more expensive things. No other charges on my credit card was reported except for theirs. They say they will refund my money since I caught the charge within 2 days. Don't trust these guys, they will scam you and steal your money!

Ti

Comments

• Ri
      12th of May, 2011

This is what happened to me and I never, I said NEVER requested a credit report from any of these companies.

They also charged my account 3 times in the same month using the number of my new Check Card (got it 3 weeks ago), I just contacted my bank and requested a New Card and of course cancelled all these unauthorized transactions. I am not sure how they got my card information... but I got 2 unauthorized transactions from CREDITSCORE.com and 1 from FREECREDITSCORE.COM in the same month...

My bank said that they had many similar cases this month and these folks use others websites as well. They are having the same problems here, in the UK and many other places. They usually charge $14.95 and most of the cases you never requested it.

All I know is that I will prosecute Them tomorrow!!!

P.S.
    I just checked the whois database for both domains and they all show the same info, summarizing, same owners:

Consumerinfo.com, Inc. - [protected]@consumerinfo.com