Four Points Hotels by Sheraton / Dishonest employees

1 520 West Bryan StreetSavannah, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (912) 790-1000

To Whom it May Concern

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel (Four Points by Sheraton Historic Savannah) February 28th - March 1, 2008. We were in town so that she could attend the Farewell Ceremony for her boyfriend who was being deployed to Iraq the following week. My daughter stayed in room 533 of the Sheraton on Thursday night with her boyfriend, the next day at 12:02PM, housecleaning was banging on the door and very loudly announcing that it was past the checkout time. In their haste the diamond necklace her boyfriend gave her for Christmas was left in the room. This was not discovered until we returned home on Sunday and she was putting her clothing away. I stayed in a different room on a different floor (417) and after arriving home realized that I had left my dress coat (black wool) in the closet of my hotel room. My daughter remembers seeing it when she got her tennis shoes out and assumed I was going to pick it up, but I forgot to. It took me approximately 7 hours to drive home and I called the hotel that evening. No one at the hotel seems to be able to find the diamond necklace or the black coat. What a coincidence that two items in two different rooms and neither one of them gets turned in to the lost and found. The manager of the hotel tells me that my only recourse is to file a claim with my homeowners insurance, but I will not do this, because ethically it is wrong, they are not the ones that messed up, it's my mistake for leaving my property at a hotel, with dishonest employees.

I would like to warn other travelers that may be thinking of using this hotel to make sure they take all of their property, especially the more expensive property, with them when they leave, because they will more than likely never see it again.

Four Points by Sheraton Historic Savannah

520 West Bryan Street, PO Box 1385

Savannah, Georgia 31401 United States

Phone: [protected] Fax: [protected]

Thanks for letting me vent my frustration.

Karen

Richmond, VA 23231

Va

More Four Points Hotels by Sheraton Complaints & Reviews

Comments

23rd of May, 2008

Yeah right. I own two hotels and a restaurant, and it makes me so mad everytime I think of all the scammers out there. I find it hard to believe someone would magically forget about a diamond necklace, and who would wear a wool coat in the horrible heat of Savannah that we are having right now? Please vent to someone who cares. I honestly believe you posted this to come up with some shred of proof to gain credibility to a lie.