Fortis Institute / Karen Adams

1 4850 West Oakland park blvd, Ft Lauderdale, United States Review updated:

Despite the fact that the campus is run like a mom and pop corner store (you'd have to see it to believe it), you can make it work. There are obvious failures in many departments, but again you can work through them. Where I refuse to work through it is when it comes to my money. To put it plainly KAREN ADAMS the "Director of Financial Aid" (has to be a joke title), is a horrid example of professionalism. I have no idea how she arrived at this position or why she is allowed to continue to terrorise students. Beyond the fact that you cannot ask her a question without being given a sneer, a sigh, or simply not be answered, you have to wait until she is done with her cell phone or eating her buffet at her desk. What professional sees students with food spread everyplace? As of late she has resorted to excuses, now her new excuse is that she has no staff and that "she is the only one so deal with it", and that she has untrained people helping her?? But I dont see anyone but her. She also discriminates, if you are not of her nationality or from the islands, prepare to be treated disrepectfully or blown off (that is unless she doesnt like you, because in reality, her disrespect knows no color). She doesnt answer phone calls nor emails and never has. Why do I complain here? Because everything at this campus gets brushed under the rug. Its a joke and a bad one at that. But dont worry, there is an up swing, if you dont qualify for FA, she will help you lie on your application and even fill it out for you. This was done for my friend whom I will not name, she deserves a chance, but the point is, is that Ms. Karen Adams is a horrible financial aid worker or whatever you want to call her and will do anything that suits her purposes. I dont know why people dont complain, but mostly because they are afraid of what she will do. The staff there seems like they are afraid of her also, all the way to the top. If I hadnt already invested my money I would go, but Im going to finish despite this joke of a woman. Fortis get your act together. You really need someone to come and see whats going on in here.

Ab
Apr 30, 2014

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2011
    Education - Financial Aid
    India

hi, i am a passed out student of prof dhanapalan college for women in kelambakkam. till now i dint get my 4th semester marksheet (april 2010) as they he missed my internal marks if i ask them the month in madras university telling that it takes more than one month to issue my mark sheet.

• Ab
      30th of Apr, 2014
    Fortis Institute - Financial Aid
    Fortis Institute
    4850 W. Oakland Park Blvd
    Ft Lauderdale

• Fo
      1st of May, 2014

As the Campus President for Fortis Institute, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, I can attest that as a career college, we value integrity and have clearly stated Financial Aid standards and requirements in our policies and procedures. Our Financial Aid Director and Officers have been trained thoroughly on ethical practices and we have zero tolerance for those who do not adhere to the standards. I regret this individual has such a negative perception of our school and of our Director of Financial Aid, but welcome them to contact me and discuss their experience personally. However, if this individual feels uncomfortable speaking with me, I welcome them to look up the grievance procedures in our school catalog, which clearly provides contact information with someone at our corporate office to discuss the matter. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss this or any other concern with any individual who believes that he or she is not being treated properly. We encourage a person to person resolution and welcome the opportunity to discuss the student’s concerns.
    Mr. Sama