Forster And Garbus / Unfair business practice

1 500 Bi-County Blvd.Farmingdale, NJ, United States Review updated:

I saw on another website how other people have been UNFAIRLY treated by this collection agency...bank accounts frozen without prior notification etc...

This happened to us, when I was bedridden in a hospital (following surgery).

I would like to join in on the class action lawsuit of this organization.

Va

Comments

• As
      9th of Jan, 2010

The company Foster and Garbus did the same thing to me. But it wasn’t even against me, it was against the person who co-signed on my account. Without noticed they froze my bank account. I tried called the company the day they froze my account and told them no money of the co-signers was even in the account. In fact the only reason they were co-signed on my account was because I joined the military and had to have a co-signer to leave for basic training, but they didn’t care. Today I got served with paper work to go to court. It states I only have 7 days to return the paper work or serious action will be taken against me but it was dated in ink 12-14-09, and today’s date is 01-09-09. This company has ruined my life. I’m struggling to just get by day to day. Not to mention the 100's of dollars in fees I got from them freezing my account.

• Ba
      9th of Jan, 2010

A bank levy is a court order. Obviously, if you were notified in advance, you would withdrawl your money and close your account so there would be nothing available when the levy hits. As for the co-signer, he/she is just as liable for the debt as you are. No judge can change the terms of a contract.