Forever Weddings / Return of deposit

1 1200 North Miramonte, Broomfield, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303-410-1557

We signed a contract with Mitch Wiggins, Forever Weddings, on August 15, 2010 for a Quinceanera (Sweet 15) for my daughter that was to be held on July 16, 2011. We gave a deposit and was set to give the rest of the money owed two weeks prior to the event. On Wednesday, April 13, 2011, Mike with Colorado Weddings informed us that our event center had been double-booked. A different venue was offered to us but being that this new location would be about an hour away from our home we turned it down. As was a different venue that Mitch Wiggins suggested we take but at a higher rate that would be split between Colorado Weddings and us. We asked numerous times for the name/address of the venue so we could go see and if we felt it met our needs and then we would then set up a time to go tour the facility with Mitch but Mitch never gave us the location of the new event center and instead accused us of trying to book the event center directly with the owner. He even suggested that we move the date and that he would throw in a laser hair removal service for my daughter, which we thought was offensive. As for moving the date didn't work for us either because we had booked the church mass a year in advance as well. To make a long story short Mitch has made no contact with us as far as returning our deposit. We tried to sue him in small claims court but when Broomfield PD tried to serve the papers they couldn't find him. Eventually we found a different venue for our daughters Sweet 15 which we ended paying a lot more for the hall. We have been trying to serve court papers to Mitch since August of 2011 and I have contacted numerous agencies asking for help. I also contacted the Attorney General and they need for more people to come forward and place a formal complaint against this fraudulent company so that the state can start a formal investigation. I know that there are more people that have had similar complaints against Mitch Wiggins and Forever Weddings aka 303 Weddings and the various other names this company goes by, we all need to put a stop to this company right now!

Gr

Comments

11th of Apr, 2012

H just did the same thing to me and will not give my deposit back. Mich w/ forever wedding booked my wedding on the wrong date and will not give me my money back.