FlySafair / Safair Operations / late check in due, to delay on roads
Name: Elaine M Govender
Flight: FA 311 Lanseria to CPT
Booking Ref: HKTGBY
Date: Monday 23 July 2018
Flight time: 8:50am
There was a huge delay on the main road leading to Lanseria due to construction works. We left our home in Randburg at 6am, without traffic or delays takes us 20min, but we left very early to avoid any issues on the road. The construction delay made us sit in traffic for 2hours. We got the airport at 8:08am. When Elaine got to check-in they refused her access saying check-in had closed. This was a an issue affecting about 10 other passengers. They did not make an exception to open check-in, which they could nor did they offer the passengers a free seat on the next plane. This left the passengers in a state of panick as most had meetings to attend. And one passenger started crying as she did not have money to pay for another flight. There was an hour to go and seeing that Lanseria is a very small airport an exception could have been made. Elaine paid an extra cost for the next flight at 5pm.
We ask that she be refunded that cost or be give a free ticket that can used on another flight for the next year.
We are very disappointed and shocked at the unsympathetic behaviour shown to the passengers.
We look forward to your reply
More FlySafair / Safair Operations Complaints & Reviews
- FlySafair - horrific airline exprerience 
- FlySafair - service unethical behavior 
- FlySafair - appalling customer service as well as delayed flights and the list goes on
- FlySafair / Safair Operations - fly like a boss & paid more but got kicked to the back
- FlySafair - angry - disappointed - disgusted
- FlySafair / Safair Operations - flysafair confirmation venamc
- FlySafair / Safair Operations - theft from cabin luggage
- FlySafair / Safair Operations - air hostess disgraceful behaviour
- FlySafair / Safair Operations - delayed flights
- FlySafair / Safair Operations - medical cancellation - lack of response