Florida Power Light / deposit requirement and pay in cash every month

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

I am glad that a lot of individuals and citizen are doing something to STOP THE FPL's ABUSE, they are not doing much to help consumers, because they know they have us in there hands. They are the only provider of power and light and they can control us. I wish them to have some continuousness about the financial hardships time of this slow economy we all experienced. They required me to pay 2 months deposit of $ 681.00 by July 24, 2008, I f I do not pay in that time, they will disconnect my service and for me that timeframe is to little to reach. And also, they do not accept any excuse repay just the full amount. NO partial payments, and the deposit is kept on theirs hands for 23 months. After carefully reading all others complaints in this board of complaint and I hope you can tell we all need to help to solve this ABUSE OF POWER due to their MONOPOLY.

Ma

Comments

16th of Sep, 2008

I have the same problems with FPL, they have just charged me another $153.00 deposit because I am paying late on bills that have over doubled in size; this is the second additonal deposit they have charged me in a years time. They offer to waive and return my deposit if I sign up for automatic bill pay but my account has to be at a zero to do this and I can never stop it otherwise I will be charged again. FPL is using the Additional Deposits to strong arm consumers into signing up for automatic bill pay, well I am sorry but if I am already pulling my hair out about paying a $325.00 electric bill than I don't think having money automatically withdrawn from my account is a very good idea, not only will it get kicked back but I will be charged overdraft fees and I am sure FPL will charge fees as well. I sent email out to all government agencies I could think of and one forwarded it to an agency that regulates the power companies, below is their contact information if you need it.

Senator King's office forwarded a copy of your e-mail regarding Florida Power & Light Company to the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC).
    The PSC regulates investor-owned electric, natural gas, and telecommunications utilities throughout Florida, and investor-owned water and wastewater utilities in those counties which have opted to transfer jurisdiction to the PSC.

To assist you, please provide us with the following:

* Your service address
    * Your service telephone number
    * Your daytime contact telephone number
    * The name in which your electric bill is addressed

You may respond by return e-mail or by calling me at 1-850-413-6123. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ellen Plendl
    Regulatory Specialist
    Public Service Commission
    Division of Service, Safety & Consumer Assistance
    850-413-6123 (phone)
    850-413-6124 (fax)

17th of Sep, 2008

Yesterday I posted the information for Public Service Commision not realizing their was a toll free number that can be used, I would recommend people use the following contact information for Ellen or any other of the staff.

1-800-342-3552