Fitness USA / Cheating good customers

We signed a 36 month contract and are paying 48.00 a month. A new person can walk in and get the same thing for 19.99 a month. We called to simply try to get them to lower our monthly payment and work with us and they are unwilling to do anything to help us. They are also the least friendly people I know. You would think that they would be willing to help a long term customer (1 12) years. We also payed 600.00 toward a personal trainer but they do not take that into account either. I am extremely disappointed in the service ( lack of) that we received. If this is how they treat their customers then they will be facing more of the terrible economy problems then anyone else. I will be sure and tell everybody I know to steer clear of them and I will let them know that the YMCA is much cheaper with the same options.

Comments

• Br
      3rd of Feb, 2009

They are very difficult to work with.

• Ki
      14th of Mar, 2009

I am in the same boat. Also, the girl that signed me up told me I could bring my daughter for free. However, they give us the third degree everytime I bring her. And tell me that that is not allowed. The only time they check in with me is to try and sell me a more extensive membership. I think $50 per month is already too much for a filthy, broken down gym. The machines are in bad shape, the tv's don't work. The pins in the weight machines are the wrong ones, and the emergency stops on the treadmills are broken. And yes, it irritates me that they send me mail that tells me everyone else pays less than half of what I pay. I need to sue for breach of contract. The place is disgusting!

• Lo
      2nd of Sep, 2010

So here's the STORY. on June 22, 2010 I signed up for their NO CONTRACT Diamond membership. With the Start fee, and the $24.45 first month, and another $24.45 last month, the $24.45 is $19.95 for the gym, and $4.50 for the tanning. Anyways, ... after "3" months which would be September 22, I go from paying the $24.45 a month to paying $14.45 a month until I decide if I want to do a lifetime membership. WELLLLLLLLLL, let me tell you where the FALSE ADVERTISEMENT & MISLEADING come into play, THEY SAY TO QUALIFY after "3" months for the $10, no contract pay as you go(painted on the outside of their building) you HAVE TO GO TO THE GYM 3 days a week, every week for "3" months... THEY NEVER EVER told me that. I mean THINGS happen that prevent you from going sometimes.. Anyways, since I have NOT been going the amount of time that they say is MANDATORY I have to keep paying the HIGHER PRICE for 10 more months.. UHMMMM I DON'T THINK SO, so I told them to cancel the $[censor]. So the $24.45 they JUST took out of my account 4 days ago I'm out, ok, whatever! BUT THEN, they tell me that I have to give a 30 day notice(remember I am not in a contract) to cancel my membership. So NOW they are saying that because it was like 31 or 32 days that I will owe ANOTHER $24.45 I SAID [censor]... I am letting any & everyone know DO NOT GO TO FITNESS USA, they are a bunch of LIARS... i AM ALSO GOING TO LET THE NEWS PEOPLE KNOW that this company is a SCAM... And they have ILLEGAL MEXICANS working there taking jobs away from the AMERICAN people.