First Revenue Assurance / Harassment and rudeness

1 Denver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: (303) 595-8100

I spoke with Representative Ms. Perez on two occasions regarding a debt they were attempting to collect for ATT for a past due cell phone bill. I was charged approximately $850 by ATT and within a month of the bill sent ATT a payment for $500. In less than a month they sold my remaining debt to First Revenue Assurance. Ms. Perez cliamed that I must pay the remainder of the original bill plus an early cancellation fee for my plan and First Revenue Assurance's fee. She tried to get me to pay the full amount up front by the end of October. I agreed to pay about $150 a month until it was paid off. When I explained that it was not possible to pay in full at once due to my budget (lost my job and my new one pays significantly less) she threatened to report this to the credit bureaus and proceeding to lecture me in a very condescending way about financial matters. I interrupted her and said that I fully understand the situation and that I do not have time for her to continue to tell me things I already know. She yelled at me that "Fine then this is going on your credit report then!!!" She hung up on me. Approximately a week later she called back. I said I wanted to speak with her supervisor. I an even nastier women got on the phone. Did not identify herself and did not allow me to speak. She had false information about my living situation. She said in a very rude, loud, threatening manner that "I want to buy that house I livein" I said that I live with my mom and asked what she was talking about. She proceeded to yell at me an d said" It is not our fault you decided to leave outside your means!!!" While she is still yelling at me I replied that "Excuse me it is not my fault that I lost my job and I do not have to listen to this. I will not be spoken to like this!" Then I told her not to call. I hung up. She never discussed the matter with me in a respectful professional way at all. I am doing my best to take care of my finances and hope that I have some rights in dealing with a company that hrarsses and conducts business unprofessionally.

Comments

• Fr
      9th of May, 2009

This company stops at nothing to harass, ridicule and threaten anyone who answers the phone that they might have to contact whomever it is they think owes them or their clients money

3rd of Jun, 2009

This company has continually harassed me about a bill that has already been cleared up by AT&T .. they continually refuse to stop harassing me multiple times a day by phone, letters keep coming.. All the while refusing insisting the only way they will leave me alone is if I pay them... Appears to me this is a company aimed at terrorism...