First Home Mortgage / clueless [censor]

1 Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:

These people are the worst! I am currently going through the process leading up to settlement on my first home, and I couldn't have been persuaded to go with a more disorganized clueless company. From the start they have been misinformed or not informed at all it seems! They misquoted our closing costs under by $5000!!! This caused us the headache of hoping the seller would accept a new contract in lieu of the much more expensive closing costs than anticipated. Our broker's response was "I was surprised to, it's been a while since I've done an FHA mortgage." Maybe, just maybe you should have told us that before! On the day we signed the papers for the loan application our broker obviously didn't know what was in the packages because we got a call from someone else in the office informing us that more than half of the paperwork was not signed and completed! We've been waiting 2 weeks not for a final commitment letter so we can turn it in with the rest of a package for a small closing cost grant from my work and the city, and just today a woman we've been working with who works for FHM asks us for the application checklist for the grant, which mind you we e-mailed her last week. The broker also asked us about the housing tax credit...as a professional in the industry shouldn't you be on top of information like that?! Especially since it can be used as a selling point?

My advice is to stay far from these idiots as possible!

Bf

More First Home Mortgage Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sm
      12th of Jul, 2010

If anyone else ever experiences a situation like this please know that the closing costs stated on your good faith estimate (which you should certainly have kept a copy of!!) are legally binding to a certain extent. The amounts quoted in section A of the GFE are 100% unchangeable--they cannot raise the amount on this section! The amount on section B can only go up or down by 10%. If a lender tries to do different let them know that you are an informed home buyer and that they must follow the letter of the law.

• La
      8th of Sep, 2011

Had nothing but a bad experience with same company in Myrtle Beach, SC. Was worst house buying experience ever, and I've bought 4. Clueless and anal are a bad combination of asking for non relevant paperwork over and over.

• Wi
      26th of Apr, 2013

First Home Mortgage is the WORST! Avoid them if possible. They asked for 2 paystubs, but then asked for 3 more. Then they wanted to contact my work to obtain one missing paystub. Then, they required another letter from my work. Then, they wanted a letter from me and from my doctor. They could have asked for all of the information in the first week, but they asked for it almost one piece at a time. Carl Hartman was NOT clear as to what he wanted and when he wanted it. I agree with the person before me who said that they are clueless and want non relevant paperwork! THE WORST!

• Ga
      17th of Sep, 2014

I wish I would have seen this review before I got involved with them. Settlement is in a week and we're still being requested to send in paperwork. The anxiety is tearing me up.

• Te
      18th of Jul, 2017

@garrusgrey I'm still waiting for a pre-approval letter. Since, the 14th of July, 2017. Like you, I wish, I would have seen this review as well.

• Mz
      7th of Jan, 2016

My closing date changed several times with this company. I sent paperwork so many times. I can agree about the paystubs. They ask me for my bank account statements 3 times. One person will ask then another. They do not wok together at all. I am 4 days away from closing date and they are still having issues with items they keep asking about. I would never recommend this company. The bad thing I was with another lender and was told they can give me a better interest rate. They also told me i can get FHA and then just told me last week its a conventional. I am very sorry i didnt stick to my original lender.

• Ba
      3rd of Mar, 2016

First Home Mortgage keeps hard-pulling my credit report that has adversely affected my credit score 4 times in 2015, once already in 2016 that knocked me out of the grants ! I am so livid!

• Na
      28th of Jul, 2016

This company is a chop shop. It's one of those mortgage company's that care more about the partying and drinking and fooling around with co-workers than closing loans the right way. They do not send disclosures, they cut and paste and then forge documents. They lie and they deny loans even if they are approved by FHA! If the underwriter decides she doesn't like the loan she will deny it even if it qualifies. They are just plain stupid!

• 00
      4th of Jan, 2017

My wife and I was approved thru another loan company but just couldn't get to the table because of Contractors missing info.
    So after waiting 6 months with this contractor issue the seller wanted no part of this loan company.
    not because of my wife and I we were already qualified. so the sellers was giving us another chance but under First Home mortgage.
    They couldn't get us done with an approved Fanny Mae Loan, Now the house that we fought so hard for, spent money getting inspections over 2000 dollars we loss out. no house and no refund.