First American Home Warranty / Failure to respond, credit fraudulent charge

1 1 First American WaySanta Ana, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.854.3643

This company is staffed by incompetent bozos. This story is the last straw:

They incorrectly charged me TWICE for monthly premiums on the home warranty for at least 3 months that I'm aware of. I originally only noticed it on the current credit card bill and filed a dispute w/ my credit card company.

When I received notification from my credit card company of First Am's response, their letter was obnoxious saying I was 'highly mistaken' and that they correctly charged me. So this is how stupid they are - they attached billing records to two property addresses, along w/ the owner's names. One of them was my house - which was correct. The other was some person and location I have never even heard of. So they WERE incorrectly charging me for someone else and the billing address and name were totally different from mine!

I finally got someone on the phone to acknowledge that this was a mistake (after explaining at a level appropriate for a 2 year old) and they asked me to fax in my credit card statements so they could credit me for other months. That's when I realized that they'd been doing this to me in previous months too, but I just wasn't as vigilant.

I called today (2 days later - they told me I'd get a call within 24 hours) and got the run around again. The rep obviously left to speak with the supervisor and got info suggesting that she had reviewd the statement and that the charges were correct. I was so angry at this point that I had to firmly explain the situation to her to make sure she understood everything. She finally understood but said she couldn't do anything. I asked not only for a refund (duh) but also verbal and written acknowledgement of their error.

This is not only bad service but it's credit card fraud. How did this other property owner charge my card?

I'm definitely finding an alternative to these bozos, even if it means paying out of pocket for a frickin plumber.

Comments

13th of Aug, 2010

I know an attorney preparing to sue this company now. If you have had a difficult time with this company, I would suggest you contact him at (405) 249-4215 or email him at johnbranum@me.com.