Fine Amish Furniture, Inc. / Never received furniture or refund

1 Conroe, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (936) 756-3463

We ordered 2 chairs (to be made) on Oct. 11, 2008. We were told that we must pay for the furniture in advance ($584.55). The purchase order states that the furniture will be in the store in 8 - 10 weeks. We kept calling, no one would call us back. We left many messages. We drove to the store several times and was told that the chairs were on their way. Around Jan. 19, 2009, the store was never open, and the business phone was never answered. We were told by a neighboring business that other people were looking for this crook also. The owner is Wes Cernosek. When he would not return our calls, we drove several times to the store and taped messages on the door. We caught him there on Jan. 23, 2009. He told us that if the chairs were not in by Mon., Jan. 26, he would refund our money. When we tried to collect our refund, he kept avoiding us and would not return our calls. We found out that he lives behind the store. We got the license tags off his vehicles. There is no address on the house, and a big dog is tied up at the front door, preventing anyone from coming up to the house. Later, while waiting outside his house, I caught Wes while leaving the house. He was shocked to see me. He promised to have our money in cash at his store tomorrow (Jan. 29, 2009) -- said he would be in the store all day (yeah - right!). We got a copy of his DBA from the County Clerk with his TDL # and will pursue this with the police and attempt to file a lawsuit in Small Claims Court.

Mi

More Fine Amish Furniture, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Vi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

On July 12, 2008, I ordered a dining room table and 8 chairs for $4, 615.00. I purchased my dining room set from Rene Lucero, who is the brother-in-law of Wes Cernosek. Rene has informed me that he no longer works at Fine Amish Furniture, Inc., and that Wes, still owes him $8, 000 as commission for his sales. I have experienced the same situation as the story posted above. Wes continues to promise that he will have my furniture delivered, but has failed to keep his word. My husband even asked Wes to put our delivery date in writing, and he complied; but then never followed through with delivering our furniture. In fact, Wes still has his trailer parked in front of the store, which means that he never even went to retrieve the furniture. I suspect, that the furniture was never even ordered. Wes has made up so many stories along the way and he can't even keep them straight. Sometimes he would tell us that our furniture was in Ohio, and other times he would say Pennsylvania.
    Needless to say, my husband and I will be taking Wes to court as well. I appreciate the information previously posted. If anyone else is a victim of this fraud, please feel free to contact me at renemitschke@hotmail.com

• Al
      8th of Jul, 2009

If you paid by Credit Card to a dispute through them.
    I own an Amish furniture store in MI. I heard that guy went under and I believe he owed the builders money as well.
    Here is a couple good tips
    Always pay by CC
    The reputable stores normally require 50% down and then The balance when the delivery company picks it up.
    Make sure they also have a store so you don't run into some guy in his basement.
    Hope everything works out for your claim. If you have any questions I may be able to help you with let me know.
    You can come visit our website if you wish. We have been around since aug of 99 and we are not going under anytime soon.
    www.amishdirectfurniture.com