Festiva Resorts / deed with misleading tactics

When we converted to Festiva ... We were told that the property was still going to generate interest for a tax write off. We have been receiving this information the past three years -- from Festiva -- and as of this year 2010, they say that that will not be happening anymore. All of the sudden, We tare the ones that did wrong for signing-off the deed to them. Their misleading tactics, lies and dishonest sales representatives actually spoke their ways into taking my deeded property (which was almost paid for)for a 10 year deal that doesn't work for me anymore.

They used misleading information and used scare tactics to get over $3000 from each Equivest owner to “convert” to Festiva. Festiva purchased Equivest in 2007, and has since been trying to convert all the Equivest owners over to Festiva. We fell for it. Basically, they charged us $3000 to buy what we already own. The sales rep we dealt with made several claims which we found out were false.

Ri

Comments

• Nc
      30th of Jun, 2010

Have you contacted the North Carolina Attorney General's Office? 919-716-6400 You may also want to try the NC Real Estate Commission 919-875-3700 They used scare tactics on me also, calling my home and at their resots. One even stated that they had already converted 90% of Equivest inventory to Festiva and that the rest of us would be stuck paying all the expenses of the club if we did not convert and there would be little inventory available to use.

• Nc
      30th of Jun, 2010

Maybe if enough people complain about Festiva's scare tactics to the NC Attorney General's office and NC real Estate Commission, Festiva can be forced to refund the money and return owners and inventory to Equivest/ Peppertree Vacation Club. I am sure most who have converted have found the Festiva Club not near as good as Peppertree and only did so out of fear or deception. Why else would you pay thousands of dollars for a less flexible vacation club?