Federal Moving Systems / Scammers Took my deposit, never showed up to move me, avoided my calls

1 Allentown, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6099297367

FEDERAL MOVING SYSTEMS SCAMMED ME
I orginally spoke with a gentleman name sabastian to make my reservation and pay my deposit of $350 over a month ago. I spoke with sabastian to add inventor remove inventory all the way up until the week of my move.. I was supposidly allset up to move August 7th...which was a friday..i called and spoke with a guy name chris who was a very nice guy promised me the truck would be there and said he would clal me right back within 5 min to let me know exactly what time pick up would be.. i never heard from him again... I called the number That i had been calling to speak with sabastian and the number was disconnected. I called for days and days no one would call me back including this chris guy.. I called again august 6th 2009 the day before my move and spoke with a guy named tim tim acted as if he didnt even no i was moving. then he proceeded to tell me that the truck was full and they would have to move me the following week.. this WAS THE DAY B 4 MY MOVE...my house was all packed up and ready to go...after calling and calling and calling... i finally end up renting a uhaul and having family help me move at the last minute as i had to get out that house... They didnt have me in the system but they sure did take my deposit... and i NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD from this company.. luckily my bank went into there account and gave me my 350 back as i told them i was totally scammed... federal moving systems is a huge scam and they played with me up until the day before i had to leave michigan.. and on top of that never called me again and never returned my call...and i had made reservations a month prior...the rep i was working with magically disappeard and no one else helped me ...please please dont trust this compnay this just happen to me last week..they ruined my move and made things very stressful for me and besides that they stole my deposit and gave me no service..i thought by checking with the better business bureau that they would be okay..but they are scammers...

Comments

18th of Aug, 2009

We have tried to contact this customer many many different times and she doesnt respond to our calls. With all merchant accounts it takes 3 to 5 days to show in your account. You have posted several complaints on different websites about our company complaining that we stole your deposit and left you high and dry. We have contacted you for days begging you to answer the phone so we can give you confirmation of your refund. You are damaging the reputation of our company Kim these complaints will never come off these websites. Do you think that 350.00 is worth these complaints being posted about our company? You scheduled with a different office for Federal that is why we didnt have you in our system. I aplogize if I didnt get back to you personally. I am the sales manager of Federal and have other responsibilties, that is why I had Tim contact you. The customer before yours had double the amount of furnture. That isnt our fault. We tried to put you on a different truck and would have compensated you for your inconvenience but you refused. Since that day I havent recieved any phone calls from you and I havent revieved any emails explaining your feelings. We have to read your complaint on this website. We apologize once again for putting you in that situation but do to unforeseen circumstances we had no choice. The owner of the company is willing to give you a free move and has refunded your deposit for all your inconvenience. We will continue to contact you until this situation is resolved and you feel you have been treated fairly.

• Bi
      19th of Aug, 2009

Hello,

I am a customer of Federal Moving Systems. I was orginally with a different mover, Budget Vanlines, they had me for pick up and called to tell me "they could service my job". I was left with a few days from my move. I frantically called other companies and could not get a mover to pick me up. I then reached Federal Moving Systems, the salesman Rick had contacted the dispatch department to see if he could get a truck to my area, with in 15 minutes he arranged that to be possible. I couldn't believe it, they actually arranged the move me on only 2 days before I needed to be out of my home.

I have to say Federal Moving aren't scammers, they are an excellent company that moved me. I had gotten calls from them 24 hours before the move. During the day of the move they arrived an hour late, but still for me that was on-time. I was so happy that this move was finally over and I could get back to a normal routine. 2 days later their driver called me, informed me that they arrived with in the area and when he be here. The guys unloaded my belongings and moved all of the stuff in the rooms they gotten from orginally in my old home. I was just so happy and relieved that this had finaly ended.

Now I am moving again and searched for a company, so I googled moving companies. I had forgotten about what Federal did for me and when I seen them, I had give them a call, and now I am moving with them all over again. With my career I have to move alot for different projects that come up in my feild. I am an aerospace engineer, and when it comes to various defense contracts, my company will have me all over the country.

-Bill

• Ti
      15th of Oct, 2009

Yeah ok... whatever..Federal Moving System scammed me and stood me up the DAY i was scheduled to move OUT OF STATE..house packed up...i paid my deposit weeeeeeeeeeeks in advance...so im not buying that.. im sure that last comment was fixed! anyway...LET THE RECORD SHOW...FEDERAL MOVING SYSTEMS IN ALLENTOWN, PA did refund my deposit they stole from me after many online complaints..so im grateful for that...last thing i'll say is Buyer Beware!!!

• Up
      22nd of Oct, 2009

I hired Federal Moving Systems to move my household goods from Michigan to Georgia. On the contract we had my delivery was scheduled between the 13th and 16th of October. I did not receive my items until the 20th. I was told each day that my items would be delivered the next day or the day after. I was given several reasons why my items were delayed, these included additional pick ups and deliveries and taking the truck in for service. I was also in contact with the driver who told me that there was another driver who was taking over for him and would be driving the truck down to Georgia with my stuff, this was not true. The day my items were getting delivered it was the original driver who called me and told me he was back to driving the truck. Every time I spoke with the driver or Chris I was given another excuse why my items were not being delivered when they told me.

Another issue I had was with their billing. When my items were picked up in Michigan my credit card information was taken, I was told that my card would not be charged until I signed the paperwork when I received my items. This was not the case. My credit card was charged on the 15th and my items were not delivered until the 20th. I was very surprised when my card was charged because Chris had asked me if I could pay the driver in cash or with a money order. Chris did tell me that they could reverse the charges on my credit card.

• Mi
      16th of Nov, 2009

Like the comment below me. Four different times set to pick up. We were told we would be the only customers on the truck. Upon arrival 1/4 of the truck was full. Causing them to Leave behind over $5, 000 worth of my items. For they would not fit on their truck. They Insisted on being paid in cash prior to unloading the truck. Even though contract states I could pay with credit card etc. Moving out of state does not make for easy access to get your hands on that much cash. Called online # for days and got no return phone calls. I also dealt with a Chris Mischkowski to arrange the move. He was sweet as pie. Telling me how they are so much better than all the other moving companies. Once deposit was paid he was no longer available to speak to me. Deposit was told it was not going to be charged to my card it was to hold the availability. They charged that $500. hold fee to my debit card. Many items arrived broken. Moving is very stressful...but they made this move a complete nightmare. I will be filing an official complaint as you all should do. Here is a site to do so Safersys.org. I will also be contacting an attorney to fight this out in court. Don't trust them bringing you to the better Business Bureau reports. Movers are not reported there. They are reported to the web address I gave you above. Shady... # is not even available to call any longer and it has only been two weeks. Awful experience...having all your belongings being held hostage by the movers of this company.

• Mo
      9th of Mar, 2010

i have been moved by federal systems in fl by a man named Ken, who promissed me a smooth transaction. i got everything but a smooth transaction. my move date kept gettin pushed back, on the day of the move i couldnt reach anyone at the numbers that was. the next day i was lied to by a man named max socher who claimed 2 be a supervisor who hung up on me twice . i dont recomend them to anyone.

10th of Mar, 2010

the gentleman above is Sean Manely. You were set up for a pickup of saturday with a BACKUP date of sunday. WE ARE NOT AT FAULT HERE. I will not allow people to come on and bash our company when we jump through hoops to help out customers such as yourself. I even included packing materials and extra fees in the price. Please stop the slander!
    -Maxx Socher
    GENERAL MANAGER
    Federal Moving Systems Inc.

• Ec
      4th of May, 2011

Maxx Socher and Joshua Socher as well as Chris and Robert Michalski are scammers. Federal Moving Systems is a scam company. They probably don't even operate other this company name any more. My dealing with these people are via Zooz Transportation (previously Mainline Moving and Storage). They keep changing company names to avoid the bad reviews.

They're currently being investigated by numerous agencies. Whatever business name they're operating under at this point is a scam. Do not trust these people. We (a bunch of victims of these people) are currently working on a class action lawsuit against the entire group (there's quite a few of them). Also related to this group is Shawn/Leon/Shimon/Tom Sasson (all fake names), Rafhael Sasson, Eric Thomas/Oren Osaden, and numerous others. If you've been scammed by these people, please contact me at eric@mangler.org.

We've tracked this group through various companies in California, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Las Vegas. Also, Maxx works at Al Hendrickson Toyota in Coconut Creek, FL if anyone wants to pay him a visit. These people are going down.

30th of May, 2011

I have just had a very similar experience with Maxx Socher. He is currently with All Points Moving and Storage. Once I made a deposit on my move, he would no longer return my calls, nor did he call me when he told me he was going to. I must have left him 7 messages on friday, finally BEGGING him to call me back, and then another message on Saturday. Nada.. Driver was scheduled to pickup on Saturday, but called Friday afternoon saying that it was impossible, and he'd be there first thing in the morning Sunday. He called later to say that he would pick me up between 9 and 11, and he would call me a half hour to an hour before he arrived. I started to call him at 10:45 when I still hadn't heard from him. Got busy signals, or no answer and got a message that his voicemail was full. Then got a call from a different driver saying that he would be able to pick me up that day... other driver had family emergency. .. and it would be best if I paid in cash. I then called and texted Maxx on his cell, saying that I needed him to contact me as I was very uncomfortable with how things were going.. No answer. I wound up calling my credit card co who agreed with me that this sounded fraudulent and refunded my deposit. Driver no 2 showed up a couple of hours later in a Penske Rental truck, although I believe he said he was with Allied Van lines.. I told him I was cancelling. He said I should speak to his supervisor, who turned out to be Driver #1 and tried to convince me that I was making a big mistake by cancelling and that my deposit would not be refunded. I sent them away.. Have not felt this stressed out in a long time.. if ever...

• Sc
      26th of Jan, 2014

Joshua M. Socher, Jodi Socher and Joey Pino were named in a lawsuit in Florida for using the name Ryder Moving and Storage. Judge Donald Middlebrooks signed an injunction against them on behalf of Ryder Systems Inc. on July 25, 2013. We actually received a bill of lading on Sept 21, 2013, with the name Ryder still being used.

Joshua Socher has Maxx Socher listed as a friend on his Facebook account, so I can only assume they are related. I am working with various law enforcement agencies to shed light on the deceptive business practices and the fraudulent way the Socher family seems to conduct business.

The best thing anyone can do is research the moving company and find out who actually owns it, then run a Google search on the owners to find the real truth on how they do business. You should always be able to find the owner through the State Attorney's office or the local BBB.

You should also run the DOT number through a search and find complaints. When the driver shows up, ask to see his ID before they load the truck and get the names of every person in contact with your belongings. Moving is stressful, but doing these simple little things can give you a ton of information later, when you need to file a police report of lawsuit.

My advice is this, if the owner of any moving company has the name "Socher" involved. RUN AWAY!

• Do