Feature Films For Families / Telemarketer harassing my 80 year old mother

1 CA, United States Review updated:

My 80 year old mother is still working - she is a teacher at a pre-school (after retiring from an elementary school teaching career). She bought one film - The Velveteen Rabbit - from this organization some time back. Well, she is being harassed with calls from a telemarketer named John. She has told this caller several times now that she does not want any more of their products, and she does not want to be called at home any more. She has specifically asked to be removed from their call list. This guy John still keeps calling her regularly, and often begins the calls now with "now I know that you are upset with me".

I have instructed my mom to simply hang up on him from now on without saying a word, but I do not think that will stop him from calling.

I would strongly recommend against buying anything from this company. I don't care how great their products are.

Based on everything I've read online about this company, I cannot believe they are still in business. I would think they would be getting fined left and right for violations of the do not call law. I guess nobody is pursing that angle, but I sure will.

Ji

Comments

• 2c
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I have worked for this company and can tell you it really is a good company. FYI, it is *not* affiliated with any religion. If you simply tell them 'no', they won't keep calling every day. Some customers simply say "she's not here", etc and thus the return calls. The atmosphere in the company is positive and they really are passionate about getting positive entertainment out there for families. If you aren't happy with the calls, you should call their customer service @ 1800-326-4598. They are happy to know what the customer's thoughts/opinions are so that they can change if needed.

My two cents

• Bi
      25th of Jun, 2010

Feature Films for Families is a great company that does what it can to ensure customers are treated with the utmost respect. All requests to be canceled or taken off of the calling list are COMPLETED HONORED. Also as a company FFFF records and monitors employees interactions with customers on a daily basis. Employees found disrespecting customers or doing inappropriate things on the phone are dealt with immediately. Of course the company cannot catch all problems but they do what they can to minimize the number of issues. As for the “recording” spoke about, Feature Films does use a recorded message to communicate with its customers, however a live employee is always on the phone with each customer. The reason some employees use the recording systems is because with a prerecorded message management is able to control what is being said to each customer. If an employee is having a bad day, not feeling well or even if they have speech impediments or heavy accents, the program still allows for customers to get the same clear and concise message each time. Feature Films for Families truly is a great company that provides a needed service to communities across the country. Biased statements like these from a disgruntled former employee should not sway anyone on the good this company is doing for our nation!

• Fi
      10th of Nov, 2011

My mother had ordered movies about 10 years ago. She ordered them for my siblings and I and we enjoyed most. some are still in the package because they just weren't interesting enough to bother watching. It was way too much hassle to even return them for exchange. every year since then she has gotten phone calls even when she would answer the phone and tell them we are not interested anymore they would call back. She told them she would like to be removed every single conversation. They would call at few times a year and they finally only call once a year now. Odd thing is we moved and they know our phone number but not our address thankfully. She has since had a stroke and can't even remember her address most times. She has told them this and they insisted on trying to sell her things just today. What type of company that promotes having morals and family oriented would try and sell someone with a brain injury anything? We have enjoyed their product in the past but enough is enough stop calling people that don't want to be called. Stop calling people that haven't bought anything for over 5+years. Beating a dead horse will not get it to drink, yet trying to convince people to buy your product after told no is just what this company does.