FastGrowingTrees.com / Poor quality product!

Purchased 4, 4 ft thuja trees. They were received with broken branches. However, the real reason for complaint is that after approx 45 days one of the 4 died. Wrote them several times and no response. Their customer service sucks. Would highly recommend going local for all your planting needs.

A  6th of Feb, 2008 by
I worked for these people last year. They're a small, family owned business and they do make every attempt to maintain good business practices. Their trees do exactly as they advertise and they sell you quality products, but their return/replace policy is awful... I'd suggest reading the fine print before making your purchase.

I'd say 95% of their customers are return business and are satisfied with their products, but if you're unlucky enough to fall in that 5%, just kiss your money goodbye and start over with another company.
D  5th of May, 2008 by
Fast Growing Trees.com is a horrible, horrible business - a complete ripoff. Purchased two trees for $130.00 last year; both appeared dead on arrival. Company have still not replaced either. Would never do business with them again. They are still one foot tall and still are dead -- incidently, we planted 12 other trees last year at the same time; they are all thriving.

If you value your hard, earned money, buy elsewhere.

I would recommend purchasing your trees at gurneys; they have an incredible customer satisfaction policy, and their stock is quality; if for any reason you are unsatisfied, simply call; and they will replace them.
A  13th of Jun, 2008 by
I'm currently watching my week old Gala apple tree die from both these funky brown lesions and the fact that it looks like someone shaved off half of the tree to get it into a shipping box. I'm also waiting on my 2 fuji apple trees. Jess, who works there, explained to me that B/O on the packing list meant "Back Order" so I'm glad about that but they've promised me delivery notification for last week and I'm still waiting.

You know something's up when the voicemail refers you to the website "order status tracking" link and that link refers you to an E-mail address that takes someone a week to answer. I should have known from the obviously photoshopped in color you see on some of their tree shots. I guess I'm in the 5% category. But hey, If I can't speak to an owner and get a straight answer and a new tree to replace the diseased and hacked one, I may as well do this instead.

N  15th of Jul, 2008 by

FastGrowingTrees.com - DEAD TREE - NO REFUND

I PURCHASED A HERITAGE RIVER BIRCH TREE FROM FASTGROWINGTRESS.COM. I paid a total of $152.04 (thats 129.95 for the tree plus $22.09 shipping). The tree arrived with dry crisp leaves and almost no roots attatched. The tree has never revived and 3/4 of the tree is now dead. After over 2 months one leaf appeared towards the bottom. They have a 90 day return policy. I was told I cant return the tree if any part of the tree is still alive. I paid over $150.00 for this tree and cannot get my money back. I bought the largest tree they offered and then had to cut 3/4 of it off because it was dead. ***I search for info on this company before I purchased and did not find any complaints. I really wish I found this web site before I bought the tree.****
The customer service people are nasty to deal with and they basically laugh in your face and tell you "you agreed to our terms". FastGrowingTrees.com took my money and laughed all the way to the bank.
FastGrowingTrees.com sent me a dried up twig with almost no roots attached. Do not be mislead by the advertised height of the "tree". Yes it will technically reach the advertised height but it is more like a twig with even smaller twigs growing off of it.

"It is difficult to say for sure without actually seeing the tree. Do you have access to a digital camera? If so, we’d be happy to take a look at the tree for you"

"I certainly am trying to help you and was not attempting to upset you in any way. However, trying to assess whether or not a tree has died without being able to see it is a bit like a doctor trying to diagnose an illness without meeting the patient."

"Our trees, like those of all internet-based nurseries, must be shipped to all parts of the country and upon arrival can look wilted and stressed – this can include dried & crispy leaves from shipping in a dark box across the country."

"We apologize that you are not satisfied with your purchase, however when the plant was purchased you agreed to the Terms of Service."
A  15th of Jul, 2008 by
i spent $150 on a dead twig and will never get my money back from these criminals
A  25th of Jul, 2008 by
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY...I had to pay shipping for a replacement tree b/c the first one died...then the second one died and they said they will not refund or replace it again...horrible company.
N  25th of Jul, 2008 by

FastGrowingTrees.com - Bad Customer Service & Refund Policy
Fast Growing Trees
Phone: 9012466407

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY...The first tree I bought arrived as a stick with no growth. I patiently waited for it to spring up and it never did. It took another month to get a replacement tree which I had to pay additional shipping for (jokes on me I guess). The second tree came wilted and didnt make it either. I emailed them again and they said:

"I am very sorry, but as per our 90-Day Replacement Guarantee and our Terms Of Service, we can only offer replacements one time. I am very sorry that your replacement tree did not make it. Thank you again for your business"

So I am out $45 dollars with a couple of sticks...dont waste your time or money here. Order from another cheaper, more reputable site that has a good refund policy.

I am not going to give up...I am going to talk to my credit card company about charging them back for all this mess.

N  27th of Jul, 2008 by
Thank you, Leslie. I sat down to purchase a tree from this company when I accidentally came across this website. Your complaint and the one aboe from Jenee were extremely helpful. I'll buy locally.
A  27th of Jul, 2008 by
The tree they sent me was DOA, no response from customer service, and no replacement.
A  9th of Aug, 2008 by
Last year I purchased 4 purple empress trees, when they arrived they were all different sizes. I followed their instructions exactly. I have been gardening for years and have a very green thumb. I was appalled as I watched each tree die. I tried to contact the company but my only response was that my 60 day warantee had expired. Even Home Depot gives a years guarantee on all their garden plants and trees. Skip it, never again
N  22nd of Aug, 2008 by
Thank you all for the info, I almost bought a tree for my grandma, i think i will look other places!!!
N  24th of Apr, 2009 by

FastGrowingTrees.com - poor quality

I spent $400.00 on trees.When they arrived my 2 privacy 5ft to 7ft hedges were barely twigs.No growth or greenery at all.
I could have picked up better quality in the state forest.
Worst purchases in my life from the internet.

Buyer be ware.
Customer servive wants a 25% re stocking fee and were argumentative and unreasonable.
D  11th of Aug, 2009 by
Apparently some current owner put up that post, I can't imagine anyone working there receiving all these complaints would ever post that. Here is another in that 5% this company is crooked and a total SCAM KEEP YOUR MONEY and go to LOWES!
N  16th of Nov, 2010 by

FastGrowingTrees.com - poor quality

I have never been lied to this degree. They stole my money. I bought an expensive small citrus tree and they sent me a wilting twig without a root ball.
A  28th of Mar, 2011 by
Yea, sad to say I totally agree with the complaints posted here. Please heed the warnings and go with a company like HD or Lowes where they guarantee for a year. I purchased $120 worth in trees including 4 thula Green Giants, 1 Royal Empress (the wonder growing tree, so they claim, it cannot die). Needless to say they all died except for one thula which is on life support and has lost all of its leaves. Great looking stick for the money. Terrible replacement/guarantee policy. Bottom line: buy bigger trees for less and with a better return policy somewhere else.

Fast-Growing-Trees Logo Fast-Growing-Trees