Family Readers Club / Taking money out of bank acct. when not autherized

312 Ne Repass RDVancouver, WA, United States Review updated:
4.15
Took money out in September I called Told them To put it back they did. But not the $26.00 over draft fee. I also told them don"t take any more to cancel. A month goes by I think everything is ok. Then again they take $49.95 out of my bank acct. This time they tell me i have been paying every month since July we are now in November. I have never sent them any money, nothing show on my bank acct. Only the $49.95 the took In September And put back and then again in November
Ju

Comments

Es
  17th of Nov, 2008
The fact that they gave you money back says that they have no right to keep it, and therefore they have no case. They did the same thing to me, only my account was set up under false pretenses, because I thought it was the company I'm already with calling about requests I had made previously. Call them and ask to speak to a manager, tell them your story and threaten to complain to the Federal Business Bureau or the Attorney General if they don't adhere to their promise to cancel your account. It would also be beneficial if you know the names of those you spoke with before.
Ra
  17th of Nov, 2008
THEY HAVE TAKEN 49.50 IN WHICH I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT, BUY NEVER GET TO TALK EO A REAL PERSON ONLY A RECORDING. FOR THE PASS TWO WEEKS JUST A RECORDING, NOW IT HAS GOTTEN SO BAD THE RECORDING SHUTS DOWN AND ALL YU GET IS A DIAL TONE...THERE IS SOMTHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.ALL I WANT IS A REFUND AN FOR THEM TO CANCEL THE PROGRAM WHICH WAS MADE BY MISTAKE, 11/17/08 LOOKING FOR HELP...
Ar
  5th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i actually worked for these guys and they had a specific script that had the direct goal to decieve people into thinking they were getting a reduced monthly payment. The script went as follows:

Hi there, this is ___ calling from Family Readers Club you magazine company. I'm calling to let you know you've been selected as a preferred customer due to how you've handled your account and you're going to be put into a monthly draw to win a 52" Hi Def. TV. Do you have a pen and paper to take down the draw number? Great, It'll be your area code and phone number plus the last two digits of your birth year. If you see this draw number anywhere on your monthly statement just call us and claim your TV. Now the other reasong I'm calling is that since you're a preferred customer you'll also be getting the same service you have now but at the reduced rate of $39.95 compared to the 49.95 you're currently paying us. How does that sound? Great!

I would then go on to set up an automated system that asked them a few questions like last four digits of account full name ect. After getting off the phone They would now have a completely seperate account set up instead of what they obviously believed to be a reduced monthly payment. What bothers me is that for one, it didn't matter how their account was treated, be it delinquent or in good standing. They'd be called regardless. For two, it also didn't matter what their monthly payment was. It was always reduced by $10. I cought on to this rediculous scam on the first day and left the company. They're crooks and should be treated as such.
Gr
  20th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree, they are crooks. I'm currently still looking for a way out. If anyone has some pointers I'd appreciate it.
Mr
  19th of Mar, 2009
There making me pay 200 dollars they said that they where going to take it thru collection i fell really stupid given them my credit card number but they said i may cancell this at any point i called they answered acted stupid sending me form on place to another two months after a lady calls me saying i owe money what should i do? i dont want bad credit.
Ro
  7th of Apr, 2009
Unfortunatly i am a victim of these people also. They are taking money out of my account that i didn't authorize. If anyone has a phone number or address for them please send it to me. I would like to try everything i can before changing my account number.
Le
  30th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Family Readers Club is a scam! They called my 22 yr old son and promised him all kinds of prizes if he ordered magazines. He signed up then called a couple days later to cancel was assured that his acct would be canceled. It was not, he finally had to close his bank acct. because they kept making unauthorized debits to his check card. This all started in Oct 2008, he is still dealing with past due notices from them. He never received one item from this company! Don’t do business with them!
Br
  24th of Aug, 2010
Family readers club is a scam ! They have been calling and harassing me for 2 years ! I've called and talked to people there and they tell me that my accnt is cancelled but here we are 2 years later and I'm still getting called . They are very rude and have no right to treat people this way . This morning I was contacted by Ryan from the company he was out of control . After talking in circles and not letting me explain the situation plus telling me I was a liar and threatening legal action on me I told him to f*** off ! He's rediculous . I spoke with an attorney friend and called Ryan to have him email me my any documents that he had justifying his actions and he refused, he also had the nerve to say that my phone call was harassment . Then what are theres I ask ???? I recorded these calls and am willing to fight these guys to the end . This is a scam and there's no way they're getting any of my hard earned money . Feel free to call Ryan with the family readers club and enjoy how pleasant he is . This company and Ryan should be ashamed of themselves . 1-800-373-2269