EZ1Rate / 3 calls a day!

1 LA, United States Review updated:

These people call me 3 times a day from an unknown number. Each time I ask them not to call me again and the calls just seems to get more frequent. They are calling for a person who had this phone number before me (she must have given her number out to everyone because I get tons of phone calls for her). I am a school teacher so most of the time the calls go unanswered. But I was home today (Mardi Gras Holiday) and I decided to really answer this time. I asked for the company name and the first gentleman wouldn't give it to me. I told him that would agree to the package if they gave me the company name (so I would be able to recognize the charges on my credit card statement). A woman came on and gave it to me (step one). Then she preceeded to tell me that this was not a sales call and that it was a "customer appreciation" call since I was such a good customer to the local gas station and the local mall. Funny - they were calling for someone else. She said that the person at this number was a good customer and that I would get a $300 gas card and a calling card for just $4.95 (guess the shipping charge went up from September). I would just have to give them my credit card information. I told her that I would like a phone number to call her back since it is consumer safety 101 not to give credit information out over the phone to people you dont know. She said there isn't a number to call her back at and that the information would be confidential. Ha! I told her again that I even do that to my credit card companies that call to verify information. I always call them back at the number on the card and refuse to give information out to people that call me. She then hung up the phone.

I tried calling my cell phone company to get the calls blocked and they said there is nothing they can do except to change my number. Since I just changed it in December... it would be a pain to change it again. If anyone has the phone number to this company please share since that seems to be the only way to block these annoying calls.

Comments

• Li
      16th of Apr, 2009

i found the number in one of the complaints it is 909-842-9148

• Li
      16th of Apr, 2009

i like the the complaint board maybe theses scammers can be stopped