Experian Direct / Credit report ripoff
I accepted their offer for a "free" credit check. Without knowing, the began charging me $15 a month for what I later found out was a "membership." I didn't realize I was being charged for close to a year. When I called to complain and cancel the recurring charge, a person named Daphney said it was all laid out in fine print. She said I had to be a member to get the "free" credit report, thus the monthly charge.
Since they are based in Irvine, CA, I am considering filing a formal complaint with the Orange County district attorney. I think his name is Tony Rackauckas. He needs to clean up businesses in his jurisdiction. Maybe we should all phone his office and demand action.
More Experian Direct Complaints & Reviews
- Info Experian Direct - charging acct and now acct bounced due to the charge. no permission to charge acct. 
- Info Experian Direct.com - charges to credit card 
- Experian - $19.95 debit appears for no reason! 
- Experian - Creditreport Infoexd.com - Auto CC billing 
- Cic Experian - Scam-bad customer service, unauthorized charges! 
- Experian - fraud
- Experian Information Solutions - website
- Experian - credit bureau
- Experian Information Solutions - can't get anyone to answer the phone, fax, chat, email... nothing! 
- Experian Information Solutions - Terrible