Experian / unauthorized billing

Experian has been billing my account unlawfully for 2 extra months than allowed . I wish to clear this matter up immeaditately so as not to be charged again . This is a crime not an oversite. I will procicute if it continues.
Respectfully, Douglas Phillips

Comments

• Va
      14th of Oct, 2008

I went to freecreditreport.com expecting a credit report for leasing an apt. Before I even finished, I had to enter personal information. Once the credit card numbers were pulled up, I exited. The lovely Experian.com, a supposedly trusted name in credit reporting, has forwarded my credit card numbers to CIC*Triple Advantage, which has enrolled me in their great protection program. None of this was presented to me, or emailed to me.

I have yet to receive one email from this service that I am paying for. Nothing. I had not swiped my card, entered my card information, or authorized the charge. Please advise.

26th of Nov, 2009

Company charged me $14.95 on my credit card. This charge was not .

• Aq
      12th of Jan, 2010

I totally agree that Experian is doing illegal business practice. I was charged unknowingly for a membership. They changed $14.95 for 2 months plus $99 annual Safeguard. I wasn't aware of neither of them. When I found out and called 1st customer service person said, "Our system is down. Could you call us back in 1 or 2 hours?" So, I called back. The 2nd customer service person said, "Our system is under maintenance. Could you call us back 1 or 2 hours? Or if not, maybe tomorrow." I called back the next day. The same thing. Then the following day, the same thing. I got the clue. All these customer service people are told to lie so that I can't close my account. So, after many attempts I said to the last customer service person, "Why is this maintenance taking for many days? Seems like each time I say I want to close my account you guys say you can't pull up my account. Which is not true. Let me talk to your boss." When I talked to the bass he had my account open on his computer. It was not under the maintenance.

Company telling workers to lie and perform unethical practice is illegal not just to the customers. Illegal Period !!! And the top of that I lost $129 for nothing. My friend said that I should get it back. Maybe I should try.

• Qu
      7th of Mar, 2017

Thieves...In November 2015 I signed up for the free trial membership and it is now march 2017, I never agreed to pay the monthly charges, even when they went up. They charged me for 16 months oo my child's savings account which I don't ever check or use since his birth, and now I find the have been unlawfully talking out money each week. customer service is a joke, loop holes, sent me to a web address that is just as much of a joke if you can find it. I recommend you do not even think of using this company and if you have to you must keep your eye out for random charges for services you did not ask for.
    KY Quinn.

16th of May, 2017

The Experian contract states in part "Your order summary, Credit Report, FICO Score, Credit overview, Credit alerts, Score tracker, Toll free support, Creditlock" ORDER TOTAL $ 1.00
    This sounds like the contract, I think any charges above $ 1.00 are illegal and must be returned.
    Take it to a jury