Expedia.com / think twice before you buy an e-ticket from them
On April 18, 2008, I purchased two return e-tickets for travel to and from Hong Kong with my son during the summer time.
The first trip to Hong Kong was fine. But on the day of my returning to Vancouver on August 29, 2008, the airline (Air Canada)refused to check in for us because the travel agent (expedia.ca) had not fully paid for what they reserved the tickets for me. I had to pay them a difference of HKD2660 in order to get the flight as scheduled.
I have made a complaint to expedia.ca to ask for a refund of that money after I returned to Vancouver. Their responses were very poor. Yet I have not received the refund or any positive reply since I filed the complaint on July 29, 2008.
You know, I did not make any change to my flight scheduled.
I think they just want to deny their responsibility.
More Expedia.com Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - Illegally charged from my credit card
- [Resolved] Expedia - complain about not receiving any email of changes
- Expedia - flight to iceland via jetblue, mechanical failure, customer service failure
- Expedia - flight booking
- Expedia - travel service