Everpet Basics / Dog food possible bad

My friends year old dog mysteriously died today and his last meal was Everpet Basics dog food from Dollar General. Although I can not confirm that this was the cause of his death I would appreciate the company looking into the possibility before more pets are sick or killed.

Comments

21st of Nov, 2010

I have 6 dogs in my home and they are all getting violently ill since I started feeding them EverPet Adult food and EverPet Puppy food.
    They have lost weight and not more than 10 minutes after eating it they begin Vomiting. Regardless to say the dog food will be going in the garbage and I will Never purchase it again

21st of Nov, 2010

I agree EverPet Dog and Puppy food has made my dogs Very Ill

• At
      4th of Dec, 2010

ever pet dog bones my dog ate one and was throwing up after eating it a lot i will never buy the 4 for a dollar again from dollar general store i will not even feed the cat food to my cat also u need to check into what ever the hell they are putting in the food

• At
      4th of Dec, 2010

i bought ever pet dog bones 4 for a dollar yesterday and my dog ate one and was throwing up a lot and i will never buy ever pet canned dog food dry dog food dry cat food or canned cat food as i am afraid one of my pets will die from it i think they need to see what the hell they put in the food is it made of plastic or what ? damn ppl please don't feed your dog ever pet dog food or bone or anything ever pet for that matter

• Es
      30th of Dec, 2010

After one bag of EverPet one pom died and one got very very sick, a 300.00 vet stay and I'm told he might make it. Don't buy Ever Pet for any reason.

9th of Jan, 2011

After one bag of Everpet Basic two of my dogs had died . The complaints that is at the top is the true. How can everybody dog that eat Everpet dog food is passing away off of this dog food. I think this should stop selling in the store.Everpet give false nutrition facts about it products. Everpet is not a good dog foo. Thanks for your concerns.

• We
      15th of Mar, 2011

I am trying to find a number to call and complain about everpet! Both Of my dogs are vomiting serverly after eating everpet dog food!! I am extremely angry!!

18th of Aug, 2011
    Everpet Basics - molded
    Dollar General
    Cookeville
    Tennessee

I found a chunk of molded dog food in the bottom of the bag!! I am VERY upset with this I have two pictures of evidence dated on this date I sent this complaint; Thursday, August 18, 2011. Please get back to me with something, thanks!!! Jasmine Brewer

• Mh
      9th of Sep, 2011

Our dog has also been puking after eating Ever Pet Dog Basics, originally we thought he was just getting sick, (vomiting, loss of appetite). I agree this food is bad news. I'm glad its just the food making my dog sick and not something else. If someone has a email or phone number I'll complain also.

• We
      25th of Jan, 2013

O MY !! I purchased Everpet Beef, Chicken and Cheese for my dog also. She threw-up 2 nights in a row, needless to say she's no longer eating this {DOG FOOD ???} It looked like bile the 1st night and some part of the cheese on the 2nd. Please take this product off the shelves. My heart goes out to my neighbors who lost their pets.

• Mi
      10th of Nov, 2013

Just got ever pet by mistake on Friday, it's Sunday, our large breed dog is very sick and has puss coming out of both her eyes and has never been this ill before ever. Been treating her eyes and switched to Beneful and already seeing improvements within just a few hours. I doubt a smaller breed dog would have made it through this one though. Never again, this Everpet is toxic, this was the "basic" adult formula in a red bag from Dollar General.

26th of Nov, 2013

There's too many stories like this. It's nigh on impossible to find anything positive about this brand on the internet, yet people still buy it. Read this review, it's an awful food - http://www.petfoodratings.org/dry-dog-food/everpet/

We need to raise awareness to stop this food making so many dogs ill. If you're reading this and currently have a sick pet after feeding Everpet, then I urge you to contact the FDA and have the food analysed.

26th of Nov, 2013

If anyone reads this who currently has a sick dog due to Everpet, I encourage you to contact the FDA and have the food analysed.

• Ro
      5th of Dec, 2014

Dollar general was out of my dogs usual brand Pedigree so I grabbed a small bag of ever pet to last till the next day. I have two rottweiler very healthy active big babies. The next morning after feeding this food to them they both started vomiting so I ran to the store to buy a bag of there usual food by time I got back my female rotty was laying in her dog house dead! Furious, hurt and in disbelief. I called the manufacturer on the bad and also the dolled general I purchased it from. They are picking up the bag to be tested and I also am sending out samples to be tested on my own. The manufacturer showed no remorse at all. I can not explain the anger I have then to see 1000s of different post's of people's animals dieing from this dog food for several years now and they still sell it! I am proceeding with a law suit, no it want bring my family loved pet back but I'm in hopes it saves others. *Tears*

• Kh
      19th of Apr, 2015

I went to the dollar store an purchase a bag of everpet dog bones an now my dogs has been throwing up for a week an I think she is going to die. Please people stop buying or giving your pets any of these products. I don't know what to do to save her. The vet doesn't even know!!!