Equifax Online Credit / horrible customer service - billed after cancellation
Somehow I got hooked in to a subscription to an Equifax credit monitoring service. I figured I would try it for a while and see if it was useful. It wasn't. So I called in early January to cancel. I was told I would have one more bill for January and then that would be it.
So, I saw that in mid-February Equifax charged me $7.95 on my American Express card. I called the phone number given in the Amex vendor info. I was put on hold and I held and held and held. Finally AN HOUR had passed. And then someone finally answered.
It obviously was someone in an off-shore call center. I asked what I needed to do to stop my subscription because apparently it wasn't stopped. He asked if he could put me on hold. I asked why and he said he had to look at my account. Soooo, there I was on hold again!!!
He finally came back after about 5 minutes and said he needed to transfer me to another department. I told him NO... do not make me hold for another hour. He said oh it wouldn't be but 30 seconds. Then a second later he tells me, "We are updating our security system and need for you to call back tomorrow"!!!
Upon hearing that I thought I was going to have a fit... What kind of company does their "updating" at 10:30 at night when customers are calling and asks someone to call back who had already been waiting for an hour. I figured that they were just trying to make the cancellation experience so unpleasant that I would let them keep charging $7.95 to my American Express card forever.
So, I ended up calling American Express, which BTW has exceptional customer service, and a nice lady set up a chargeback for me.
So beware of starting up anything with Equifax. It is a nightmare to try to cancel it.
More Equifax Online Credit Complaints & Reviews
- Equifax - equifax is a fraud! 
- Equifax - unauthorized charges 
- Equifax Report Monitoring - website does not allow you to cancel your order 
- Equifax - equifax misusing it's certificate of authority 
- Equifax - refuses to correct false information
- Equifax Information Services - unauthorized address change/horrible customer support
- Equifax Information Services - unethical behavior
- Equifax Information Services - change of address on credit report
- Equifax - gross incompetence in the handling of personal information
- Equifax Information Services - unethical behaviour