Equifax, Inc. / makes no effort to correct credit report
My Equifax credit reports contains completely inaccurate information including wrong social security, wrong date of birth, wrong address, over 40 credit cards that are not mine, mortgages that are not mine. I have attempted to contact Equifax for the past 8 months to have all this information corrected. The only form of contact is via postal mail. After making my case with the company via a letter, they asked me to submit documentations verifying my documentation. I have sent the company my drivers license, my U.S. passport, birth certificate, social security card, etc. I have sent the company every piece of identification documents that are available and the company has made no efforts in correcting the information. These documents were sent at least 4 times with certified mail from the U.S. Postal Office to ensure the company receives them. The only letter I have received from Equifax in response to my claim was that Equifax is not able to identify who I am.
As a result, my credit has been reduced from 750+ to 400, below sub-prime. My credit card limits have been reduced to laughable levels. My salary is well above six figures and my credit has always been maintained pristine. Currently, due to the mistakes of Equifax and inability to fix their mistakes, I cannot even get a loan for a car, let alone apply for a mortgage.
If it is possible, please help me fight Equifax. I am willing to supply any documentation necessary to further my cause and reach a solution.
Also, TransUnion and Experian (the other two major credit reporting companies) have the most update and accurate information containing my history and identity. My credit score with these two companies is above 750, so it seem it's only Equifax that has been unable to perform efficiently.
More Equifax, Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Equifax - equifax is a fraud! 
- Equifax - unauthorized charges 
- Equifax Report Monitoring - website does not allow you to cancel your order 
- Equifax - equifax misusing it's certificate of authority 
- Equifax Online Credit - horrible customer service - billed after cancellation 
- Equifax Information Services - unethical behavior
- Equifax Information Services - change of address on credit report
- Equifax - gross incompetence in the handling of personal information
- Equifax Information Services - unethical behaviour
- Equifax - credit report