Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In
The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website



collecting a bill from AT&T Mobility which I never belonged to

Complaint Rating:  100 % with 6 votes
100% 6
Contact information:
700 Longwater Drive
Norwell, Massachusetts
United States
Phone: 1-800-268-9806
I am receiving a collection letter from this company in reference to an AT&T Mobility account and I never belonged to AT&T Mobility.

It is on my credit report!!

I know nothing of this bill.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges


Sort by: Date | Rating
N  1st of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
The exact thing happened to me! It's on my credit and everything...I never received a bill from AT&T! Only a collections notice from the horrible EOS CCA company! Dont try to call them, because they will blame you and make you feel like ### about yourself! This is a horrible company and needs to be shut down!
A  6th of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I never received a bill from EOS CCA, yet it is on my credit report for an AT&T bill that I know I paid before I changed carriers. The bill is only for 99. I paid $15 just to see what would happen and now they tell me that I owe $102 after the $15 was received. I asked them for a bill and their response was that I should have already received an itemized bill. I was transferred to a manager and she told me that it was not profitable for her to send me out a bill. So I asked her how would I even know if the payments were received. She told me only one report would be sent out and she had a terrible attitude. This is the only negative thing on my report. At this point I think I am going to dispute the validity of this charge. This company is TERRIBLE
N  7th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
dispute it on your credit and fight it. AT&T "should" have a so called contract and they need to provide it to you, if they don't have it. start a calm against AT&T on your credit as well.

but a account with AT&T will also be on your credit, so what you need to do is fight and dispute both off them have all the documents you have regarding this issue. be ready though it may take at least 60 days but if you can prove it is not your account it will be removed from your credit .

also check out Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. you may be entitled a 1000 cash reward paid by the company for harassment

SOURCE. i use to be a collector.but i had morals and respect.
A  7th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
My husband is a victim of Identy Theft. When we recently pulled a credit report we found an ATT account that he did NOT OPEN. I called them and asked for the ID theft department. The lady I spoke to told me that she had to speak directly to my husband. I informed her that he worked long hours and was unavailable and that I had been handling this situation for for the last 5 years. She told me she didn't care who I was or what I did or didn't do, that she wanted to speak to him because he needed to pay his bill. I tried to be polite but in the end was so mad that I said SCREW YOU and hung up. This company needs to change their attitude and practices ..not everyone is a deadbeat. There are honest people that get taken advantage of and their opinion is everyone is QUILTY NO EXCEPTIONS!
A  5th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I submitted a complaint with the FTC that is still under investigation. You should request for them to provide any signed documents confirming you opened the account, you have the right to ask as an consumer. There are a lot of complaints against this company. Take action and report to the FTC at ftc.gov It's easy and it will be investigated.
A  30th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have just settled a lawsuit out of court with this company. They will pay my attornies fees, I get a $300.00 personal settlement check and they will remove all negative collections data from the three credit reports. It does pay sometimes to argue. It was an old AT& T bill for a Cingular Cellphone early termination fee - remember ATT bought Cingular. What I did was keep a record of when they called, and even was able to record one of the treatening calls. When they called my ex-husband (who I divorced over 15 years ago) I knew I had them. Here is the attorney who helped me.
Krohn & Moss, Ltd.
120 W. Madison St., 10th Fl.
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 578-9428 ext 242 (office)
(323) 988-2400 ext 238 (alt - office)
(866) 870-0941 (fax)
E-Mail: ahill@consumerlawcenter.com
Web: www.krohnandmoss.com

They can not help with every collection company and they can not always settle but they were very upfront with me before we started whether they thought I had a case.
Thank you Adam for all your help

Post your Comment

Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree
Comment text
Attach photos (optional)

Contact Us

Reply to