Entergy / Billing Practices

1 MS, United States Review updated:

Apparently three was an unpaid portion of a bill, to the tune of $20 (why?, I don't know), it was carried over to the following months bill. Of which just a cumulative figure was given and a pay date of the September 21st given. On the 10th of September I arrive home in the late evening to found that my power has been out for a number of hours. I quickly call Entergy to find that I had to have a portion, that $20 dollars paid by 9th of September. This of course was nowhere on the bill, the bill I had included this amount a showed a due date of the 21st. Not a breakdown of $20 by the 9th and the remainder by the 21st. I did not receive any other piece of mail or a phone call about an interruption of my service. I was able to get the power restored and was forced to pay $50 reconnect fee. Which I complained vehemently about, as I feel I was not entirely at fault.

I receive my current months bill, only to find that another magical $50 charge. I call and find that it is a $50 Deposit, to go along with the $200 deposit I gave them to start service. I ask why do they need so much deposit considering the my average energy bill is about $80 a month (single bedroom) and since they are so quick to pull the trigger on the plug, it would take 3 months of non payment to use up that amount (of course i would never do this). No answer.. It most be nice to run a Monopoly. If I had any other option I would get my power elsewhere. Thanks for reading

Rl

Comments

• Wp
      13th of Apr, 2009

yeah ENTERGY is bullcrap

• Be
      27th of Sep, 2010

Entergy did not bill me for 2 months. When I called and asked what was going on with the bill, no one could give me an amount. I went in person. No one could give me an amount. I was then billed for 2 months, had late fees, but a letter came with the bill explaining that there was a billing error and that I could pay any outstanding charges over time. John M. Browning (the Supervisor of Customer Accounting)stated in his letter that they would work with me. My first skipped bill was for $81.38. I paid $100. I told the customer service rep I could pay more on Oct. 20. I get paid once per month. A week later I get another bill. I call again only to find out I have late fees and a cut off notice. I took off work today to go see them. They told me if I didn't pay any remaining balance my service would be cut off. I had to pay over $100 to keep the lights on. Mind you, I just paid $100 a week ago. I get paid once per month and live in a 500 square foot apartment. Entergy did not work with me. They have caused me financial hardship. I am always on time with my bill. I feel screwed.

• La
      1st of Sep, 2012

Oh yes so much for there"Power of the people "ad campaign...thats a load of ###
    When we had the power outages from the ice storm in 2008, every time anyone in my family called they were rude and obnoxious...
    their customer service sucks...i too wish we had a REAL " power of the people" company...
    YOU SUCK ENTERGY, BIG TIME.
    LaDonna Dougan Pocahontas AR

• Fk
      20th of Feb, 2014

i have a bill for 1352.73 if my lights are turned off i will lose my home by my kids i have tried calling public commissioners office and the only thing that he could say was waaahhhh i cant make themlet u make a payments its a corprate bizness

• Mo
      9th of Jul, 2014

I have the exact same situation with Entergy regarding a shut-off situation that occurred in May 2014. Same exact confusion over bill, overdue amount (which I didn't realize had carried over etc.), immediate shut-off, etc. I have been in this state for 14 years and have paid my bill every single month. I have lived in D.C., California, Missouri, Tennessee, Florida and overseas. Let me state again, I have never not paid a utility bill. Like you, I wasn't told about any $200 fee on top of a $50 reconnect. Not only am I appalled at the exorbitant fees, I am humiliated by their treating me like some nary-do well. I fully admit I misinterpreted the bill---but the Entergy rep told me it is so confusing that even she had her service disconnected for the same exact reason.
    I can understand the $50 reconnect fee is necessary. The rest is just a consumer rip-off.

• Ri
      29th of Jun, 2016

I remain neutral on this. While I do agree these additional deposits and fees are a bit high and consistent... I also hate to inform you that any additional fees are regulated and APPROVED by your local PSC. Meaning the very people YOU elected are responsible for this situation. Ultimately, you're the cause of the very fees you despise.