Enbridge Gas / Gas shut off
Gas was shut off for arrears. Used Enbridge's "Winter Warmth" plan to pay up our arrears ($450). Was guaranteed that our gas would be turned back on immediately on a Friday afternoon.
Called Enbridge Friday evening and asked when it would be turned on. They informed me that they had no notice of our involvement in their "Winter Warmth" program even though we had just been to their office that same day! As a result, they would not turn on our gas. I informed them that I had no heat or A/C and no hot water to bath or shower with. I also spoke to a supervisor and told her that I had 4 children under 5 years of age including a 4 month old infant!
She informed me that the collections department was closed until Monday and my gas would not be turned on until at least then. Is gas not an essential utility???
I asked the supervisor if collections was in another building and she said it isn't. So I asked her to walk over to collections to see if my paperwork was sitting on a desk or by the fax machine but she refused to comply.
I informed her that I would be breaking the seal on my meter the next morning if someone didn't come out to turn on my gas. Can you believe that they would make a family wait 3 days or more before turning the gas on? This is Enbridge's own program that they advertise to help families who are financially strapped. How has this helped us?
More Enbridge Gas Complaints & Reviews
- Enbridge Gas & Direct Energy - Unbreakable contract 
- Enbridge Gas - Gas shut off/Customer Service 
- Enbridge Gas, Toronto - Poor and horrible customer care 
- Enbridge Gas - cut off service 
- MorEnergy/EcoEnergy/Enbridge - Hot Water Tank/York Furnace 
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - customer service
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - bill for 6/5/2018 to 7/3/2018 - acct #013520079313 47 imperial crew bradford ontario
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - heat
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - enbridge gas
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - gas installation