Emser Tile / Avoid this corporation at all costs

Eugene Oregon - was told they were not a "retail" store and they didn't "need my business" - all because I requested the "manager" help the employee field calls while we worked on a material/design plan at which point, the manager told me he would not help his employee. After the employee finished w/call, I was told if I was going to talk to them "this way", they did not want my business...long story short - my contractor will no longer do business with them. I will do my best to tell everyone I know to avoid this corporation at all costs.

Jo

More Emser Tile Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Br
      25th of Nov, 2010

Joe,

I am a corporate leader from Emser Tile. I happened upon this website on the internet today, Thanksgiving Day of all days. I am sad to hear about your experience with your local Emser Branch in Eugene, and wanted to reach up to you.

What you describe is not how we choose to do business, and if these events transpired as described, I regret this service level occurred. While it is true that we are a wholesale partner to many flooring outlets, and therefore we are not a “retail” store open to the public, we do our best to help walk-in customers, and contractors, with selections and design suggestions. This happens every day throughout the country at our Branches and we are well known for our high service levels. Obviously what you have described is not in line with our philosophy.

I did note the date around which this incident occur. While not in any way an excuse, as a business peer I am comfortable sharing with you that during the early part of 2010, we had a management person leave abruptly, and the Branch did not have a manager on-site for many weeks. Our team kept the Branch going during this time, but it was a difficult situation for them as they were short-handed and missing a critical role to the business. This may have contributed to the way the situation was handled.

I am happy to report that our new Branch Manager, Dave McAnlis, came on board just a few weeks after your posting. I would like to ask Dave to reach out to you so he can apologize for your past experience and so that he can show you Emser’s true service levels. Please send me your contact information so I can forward it to Dave, or visit the local Branch and let him know that I sent you in.

Thanks for you past patronage and I hope we can regain your business.

Bruce