Empire Beauty School / fraudulent "education"

1 York, ME, United States Review updated:

I finished Empire Beauty School of York June of 2014 and I have to say
that it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I feel as if I wasted
almost a year of my life. I am now faced
with a very large student loan for a school
that shouldn't even be allowed to continue
in my opinion. I have a college education
and was a forty year old woman going into
the program, yet I was treated as though
I were a young girl in reform school by the
staff who were supposed to be my educators.
I would happily give back my joke of a license
in exchange for my tuition fees.
Words of wisdom for anyone thinking about
signing up, DON'T!

Ma
Oct 21, 2014

Comments

• La
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Empire Beauty School - Service
    Maple Springfield PA

My service was color and wash and curl. I guess the time run out and they had to leave by 4:30 pm so I had no choice but to leave with one side of my hair curl. I so disappointed because I paid $70 for me and my daughter and left with my hair not finish . Ism di done with empire in maple Springfield.

• Re
      15th of Oct, 2018

I too am over 40 years old and was treated as if I were a child. I was taken advantage of as well, thinking I should show the young ladies how to deal with difficult situations as well as how to speak with respect to authority figures, I very sad to witness those in administration be very disrespectful not only to myself but the young ladies in the school. Favoritism was not the word for how the administrators allowed individuals who hardly came to school graduate with no issue and those fighting between health issues, childcare and financial set backs who came even if they were late were dropped from the program. How is that? So many times I watched as supplies disappeared over night and thought to myself this has to be an inside job. I can recall many times items that were delivered for students made it to some of the administrators shops. Its such a shame to say the least that so many are not articulate or intelligent enough to even express a thought. These educators were famous for using street language as their first language and famous for their ignorant assaultive behavior. I have seen educators curse and call students some of the worst names while trying to physically attack them. I have watched administrators make excuses and reprimand students who had been treated in this manner. I have watched these educators and administrators verbally attack customers, mock customers and use all kinds of deplorable attitudes toward those who were disabled. So many times I wanted to contact the corporate office but didn't bother because these educators and administrators would lie and then retaliate which that is why I am no longer at the school now. Their enrollment person is unqualified and causing a lot of errors concerning tuition and fees. I am presently requesting an audit and also reporting this to Dept. Education and Higher Learning. I have so much I could tell you like on numerous occasions more than 10 times we had no instructor for class and had to work on the clinical floor absent of theory. Let me tell you, if there was a school that needed to either be revamped or shut down this is one. I think those they have in positions as administrators and educators should be replaced and they find some new people who understand what it means to be in those positions as well as capable of treating students with some dignity and respect.

• Ai
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Empire Beauty School - The students are unprofessional
    Bordentown
    New Jersey

This is very unprofessional. Is this What empire represent a bunch of drinking students