Electrolux / not satisfied with the product

1 India Review updated:

Not at all satisfied with the product, within a 2 years of purchase of electrolux refrigerator, the timer stopped working and contacted service centre and i was asked to pay the charges for replacement of the timer & service chgs. I paid the same and got it repaired. Then again after 5 months the same problem occured and again i was asked to pay the amount as seervice chgs & parts (Timer) replacement chgs and i was told that the guarantee of the same is just 3 months, which is not at all acceptable to me and again now on 23. 04. 08 is creating same problem (My refrigerator is not cooling) . I don't understand, how come the product of such a reputed international company's product gets defected within such a short time & and then asked to pay again & again and the lesson of guarantee is taught to the customer. It is really disgusting and not acceptable & i wish to throw it from the top floor. As on trying contacting the concern person of electrolux service centre, i was said that they are helpless and don't care if we complaint to the company.

Comments

25th of Feb, 2008

My refrigerator has not been functioing. It seems that the compressor is not working

• Vi
      24th of May, 2008

My electrolux refrigerator is not working.

• Ab
      8th of Jul, 2008
    Electrolux Air Conditioner - Very poor after sale service
    Electolux
    India

I had purchased an Electolux AC in April 2006. That same year, the remote control of the AC stopped working. I called up the customer support number and a representative finally showed up after more than a week and repeated calls. He told us that they do not have the inventory of this remote control. Instead he replaced it with a used remote control and promised to provide us with a new remote control as soon as they have one in stock. I have kept following them on this ever since.

THIS IS AFTER TWO YEARS THAT I STILL RECEIVE THE SAME REPLY THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL IN THEIR STOCK I WOULD ADVISE ALL OF YOU NOT TO BUY ANY GOODS FROM ELECTOLUX. THEY ARE THE CHEATERS OF THE WORST KIND.

1st of Sep, 2009

I am having an Electrolux refrigerator since last 4 and half years. Now it has started giving me problems since last four months the customer service guy comes in replaces a part and goes away taking some money, saying the fridge is working. It works for few days and again the problem starts. Now i have invested approximatly 5ooo Rs in the fridge and today again it went off. It all started from a water leakage problem in the fridge and now it is not even cooling up.

They have changed the cooling controller, sensor and also filled new gas in it... and today again it is not working. I am really pissed off and now i am going to change the fridge

• Mi
      24th of Oct, 2009

I'm on my second Electrolux as the first one was a "lemon". This one is somewhat better but nothing like I would expect for the $2200 price tag. Keep in mind with Electrolux you cannot buy your replacement water filters except online from them (or other distributors). They are costly and how inconvenient to the customer. Nice that the salesman just forgot to mention this when he sold this. I would never recommend their refrigerators and being I have had so much trouble with them, would probably not buy another product with their name on it.

• As
      26th of Nov, 2009

I am in favour of all those people who have complaint about the Electrox. I bought one Electrolux referigerator and i am sure that was my last one. It started giving problems to me and my family just after 3 months. The attitude of the customer care executives have always been pathatic. In every three months, I am complaining about not functioning of referigerator. They come to me in the lag of 5-7 days do the repairs and go away. I have never satisfied with the repairs they do. The attitude of Electrolox people is just to sell their brand and forget the customer. I have never seen such a worst post sale service of any brand. I suggest all my relatives and friends please not to buy any of the brand of electrolux specially referigerator.

4th of Dec, 2009

I AM IN FAVOUR OF ALL THOSE WHO COMPLAIN AS EVEN WE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.WE GOT IT REPAIRED SOMETIME BACK AND AGAIN IT HAS STARTED GIVING THE SAME PROBLEM.A HUGE MONEY HAS BEEN SPENT BY US ON REPAIR.PEOPLE EITHER DO NOT KNOW THEIR JOB OF REPAIR OR THEY DO IT BAD SO THAT THEY CAN EASILY GENRATE MONEY BY FOOLING US, AS WE DON"'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE ELECTRONIC GOODS..KINDLY AT ELECTROLUX COMPANY SHOULD LOOK INTO MATTER.GIVE AFTER SALES SERVICE AT BEST TO KEEP UP WITH OUR EXPECTATIONS. SHALENE RAJ

• De
      12th of Aug, 2010

I also have a Electrolux fridge that is less than 2 yrs old and it is TERRIBLE. Freezes in some parts of the fridge and warm in other parts. The plastic is cheap as in the freezer it has already cracked in a few places. This appliance was $2500.00 so it is not cheap! NOW the control board mis out, mind you it is less than 2 yrs old. Customer service gives no satifaction we will have to pay for a new control board installation. No guarantees that the new one will last. I hate this product.

12th of Apr, 2011

I purchased Electrolux fridge on 26.9.06 with high hope from Great Eastern Appliances PvtLtd. In fact, during early sixties, this product was a pioneer one and no other brand was even comparable to Electrolux brand.
    During May '10 the fridge developed a problem and Icontacted some Mondal Refrigiretor being the authorized service center of M/S Elecrolux ( 2531-2212) There representative attended the fault and replaced one timer. In the process I spent Rs 1000/-.On 11.2.11 the fridge became inoperative and again the service center was contacted and the person
    attended the fridge informed that this time "fan-motor "has becme defective
    Next day some other person from the same authorised dealer came, with Fan-Motor and told that it is nor fan motor but the defect is in the gas chamber. So they took the fridge to their factory and repaired the fridge. This time they charged Rs2250/-
    Withen a day or two the fridge became o.o.order. Againthe service center was contacted & their man attended the fridge and informed that to detect the fault, they need to take the fridge once more to their factory which I agreed. Alas, since then they did not turned up.
    A.K.GHOSH:anit.ghosh@rediffmail.com.Mob ;9433300132

21st of Dec, 2011

Electrolux service center is hopelessly functioning in Pune. They know how to charge money from customer very well. Non functioning of timer/ bi metal sensor is a very common & third grade problem in the fridge. I have changed the timer at least for five times with in the span of seven months & still it is not working. Every time service person comes charges some amount & repairs it temporarily. My advice no one should buy this product.

• Kv
      26th of Apr, 2012

We purchased our Electrolux fridge in March, 2011. The motherboard went out 4 month later and was replaced. The ice maker never made ice properly after that and finally stopped working altogether 4 months later. Repairmen came out adjusted a couple of things and tried to get hold of Electrolux Tech support, but after a couple hours he had to give up because no one ever picked at Electrolux. 3 months later the ice maker stopped working altogether and it sprung a leak. The repairmen came out again, got hold of Tech support and found out the original motherboard installed 7 month earlier was the wrong type for my model and apparently caused the filter to freeze and bust and that was the reason the ice maker never worked properly. The repairman said since the motherboard probably caused the filter to crack, he would try to get me another free filter. After another week the repairman repaired the Motherboard, but he said that the filter wasn’t covered. He said we should try to call Electrolux explain that the fridge malfunctioned and caused my filter to crack. After an exhausting call to Electrolux, I finally gave up getting the filter. If this is the problems of owning an Electrolux for a year with a warranty, we can hardly wait to see what is in store for us in the future.

• Po
      23rd of May, 2012

Poulos LoPiccolo, in conjunction with Nagel Rice, recenlty filed in the E.D.N.Y., Docket No. 12-2397, a class action lawsuit against Electrolux for defective ice makers. Allegations include defects that causes the refrigerators to have a faulty control panel, fails to produce ice (despite advertising that one can have “ice at your fingertips”), and water leaks that damages the structures and sub...structures below the refrigerator. The complaint also contends that the ice maker requires numerous service calls, repairs, and upgrades without correcting the defect. The defect exists in the Electrolux Icon French Door and Side-by-Side refrigerators, among others. If you have experienced any of these problems, please contact us at info@pllawfirm.com.

• Me
      17th of May, 2013

electrolux refrigerator suck

9th of Jun, 2013

I too bought an Electrolux refrigerator in 2010. It was a French door type with icemaker in the door. The icemaker has never worked correctly even after repeated visits from a repair person. The main board went out two weeks ago. The repair man fixed it, but now the ice maker does not work (yet again) and must return. I asked Electrolux to buy back my unit and they refused using the guise that because I was under extended warranty they would not do anything. Here's are my suggestions:
    1. Don't buy Electrolux appliances.
    2. If you ignore this warning make sure you buy the extended warranty. (turns out it is a fraction of the actual repair costs)
    3. When the warranty runs out, plan to buy a new refrigerator.

29th of Jun, 2013

I purchased an Electrolux Refrigerator (Serial No. 4A91615417 / French doors, ice maker in door, freezer below) which was delivered on May 24, 2010. The warranty was not purchased because I felt that the unit should work for more than 5-10 years without a problem. The ice maker never worked. It was not reported until the general warranty on the appliance was up. Electrolux provided an ice maker without cost. However, I had to pay for a motor. On June 3, puddles of water started appearing on my floor. I contacted a repair company, they ordered a sensing unit for the door. The unit was installed on June 12, 2013. On June 29, 2013, water is beginning to puddle on my floor again. The floor is beginning to show signs of wear from the water. I do not feel that I should be having all these problems. Something should be done to correct the problem. Electrolux was contacted on June 29, 2013 to report the problem. The representative said that nothing could be done for me. The refrigerator has had many problems. A new refrigerator will probably have to be purchased. I would not recommend an Electrolux Refrigerator.

• Gw
      8th of Aug, 2013

purchased my Electrolux refrigerator sum 4 years ago had it repaired once under warranty the warranty ran out and again comes the problems. wont make ice called to have repaired bill was $275.00 repair guy replaced ice maker worked 3 weeks .now its not working again. for what you pay for the box.4 yrs. ago $2800.00 wouldn't you think it would last longer then 2 ys. before the problems begin and you have to start buying bags of ice.

• El
      12th of Aug, 2013

We too have problems with our 2 year old French door Electrolux refrigerator. We have had problems with the ice maker leaking, not making ice, several expensive visits from repairmen who fix problem ay hand only to have another in a month or two. Recently the whole unit shut down and we had to call an electrician to replace the circuit breaker. We paid over $3, 000 for the refrigerator and we have probably paid well over another $1, 000 in costly repairs. I hasten to add that my 23 year old refrigerator is still functioning in our garage as a back up for soft drinks etc. and has never had a repair in 23 years! Thank goodness we did not dispose of it as it now serves as our emergency refrigerator each time the Electrolux fails. We are very disappointed and will never buy Electrolux again!

• Ho
      6th of Jul, 2015

I have the same problems as everybody else. Our icemaker never worked properly, it would drip drip drip, we had a repair man come out to fix it several times. It never got fixed properly. Then the icemaker quit working altogether. Recently the water has stopped working. Along time ago the display lights malfunctioned and would only show half of the number And now this morning our entire fridge is dead! We've only had it for about five years and spent about $2400 on it!! It makes me sick!!