Elavon / fees and thievery

Elavon is the company that works as a satellite company to my merchant service provider. I have no idea what they do. They charged us PCI Fees without notice and even after numerous calls, faxes, internet applications on our part to meet their criterial for becoming PCI compliant they still are charging us these fees. They somehow never received any of our numerous calls etc about the issue. There are 4 of us working on this and still our efforts are not reaching this company of thieves.
In addition we did manage with a TON of hard work to get in writing proof of our compliance, Elavon had the nerve to tell us that they have never in the history of their company reimbursed fees nor do they have a legal department. I think we need to band together and file a class action law suit.
How many of us are there and what do we do next?
Are you having this trouble with PCI fees and Elavon?
Let's fight them!

Comments

• Gi
      10th of Mar, 2010

Thank you for posting this, for I am manager of a small business and have been having problems with this company for the past 3 years, and I even have them in a recording on the phone when I had a conversation with them. I would like to join in this law suit towards them, please inform me as of what steps to follow towards this.

• Fo
      8th of Jun, 2010

I believe... I was the only one. I though maybe I was going crazy
    but now we have to keep doing complaining . I would like to join in this law suit if is possible.

• Fo
      8th of Jun, 2010

I would like to join in this law suit, count me in.

7th of Jul, 2010

if you would actually take to seconds to read your contract, you would see that the pci fees are in your contract

7th of Jul, 2010

go ahead and sue, they have the best lawyers in the industry you may as well burn your money

7th of Jul, 2010

you should check the laws of your state, in alot of states it is illegal to record someone without both parties knowing they are being recorded

• Ar
      6th of Aug, 2010

To complaining crybaby. PS for all those who hate tangerine I do have some funny news. I tell the rep everyday that I am going to sign tomorrow and each day they call or fax repeatedly which of course costs them lots of money. I intend to keep toying with them the way they do others until they finally give up!

It is obvious to everyone that you are either an employee or an afflliate of the company in question. I have been with a reputable company for 12 years and only stayed away from tangerine because of the overwhelming number of complaints against them. People are not stupid and they see right through you! While companies can hide their deceptiveness in contracts it was Tangerines high pressure tactics that gave them away with us. For them to know that they are going to raise rates once they hook people might be legal but it is very dishonest and I hope they break laws which will catch up with them. I have never heard of charging different rates for different visa's and certainly none of the reputable companies do it. Unlike the other people you berate you can not accuse my company or me of being anything accept shrewd as we suspected anyone needing to be as aggressive as tangerine for business is probably bad news. If you are employed by them tell them I said that phoning people 5 times a day and using high pressure tactics will only lead to people like myself going on line to check them out.

• Do
      15th of Sep, 2010

I have had a small business for several years and although credit cards have never been a major part our business it is becoming more so. I have been using the same company to process these payments for years and until 2009 never had extra fees from Elavon. In fact never heard of them until then. They are apparently a subsidiary of US Bank and were placed there, not to protect consumers, but to come up with new ways to scarf fees (in tandem with new policies and laws legalizing the theft) and make profits for doing nothing (oh, I forgot, protecting the consumer). Similar to what your fed and local governments do on your phone bills now. Get used to it. The country's ran by crooks and thugs who are in bed with each other to skim as much off of us as they can and in the process call those who disagree greedy capitalist. What a [censored]ing racket (legalized racketeering).

• Mo
      5th of Apr, 2011

Yep, I agree with complaints. Had them as my merchant services provider for over 4 years. Finally got sick of PCI compliance BS (I am a 1 person operation so 99% of PCI questions don't even pertain to me!) and increasing fees.
    Switched to The Square so I can now accept credit cards on my Android phone.
    Contacted Elavon to close my account. Since my statement cutoff date is the last day of the month I requested it closed March 1 - to avoid fees for March. Talked/emailed to at least 4 employees in the process. Last one on March 1 who confirmed that the account was closed that day. Guess what - I got charged a $20 fee for March! When I called them today they said too bad, so sad, you should've read the closure form more closely. I should've closed the account on Feb. 28! Since my account was "open" and THEN closed on March 1 I still was assessed the full feefor the entire month although my account was "open" for 1 day that month. Gee, would've been nice to do fair disclosure and make sure I am aware of that. None of the nitwits I talked to ever brought it up so I am guessing it's a "secret" internal policy. Today's employee and her supervisor were not particularly nice either. I hung up on the guy, called the FTC and filed a complaint over the phone. Doing it in writing tonight. Emalied my congressman. Called FDIC and they recommended I contact TN's AG since that's where Elavon is located. Both FDIC and FTC employees were courteous and helpful so I would recommend contacting them
    BOTTOM LINE: PEOPLE, DO NOT USE ELAVON!!! There are other options out there.

11th of Jun, 2012

We are noticing they are taking large amounts of money out of our account and we are not receiving information a statement of any kind. I'm so upset and I will get to the bottom of this. We are trying to switch as we speak! Thanks for all the information. I so appreciate it!

• Mu
      12th of Oct, 2012

Ok I’m dumb. Never took cards in over 40 years of business and decided to go with Elavon.
    My problem came at the end of the first year when PCI compliance reared its head.
    I never knew about this as it was never explained and no I didn’t scan the agreement, just took the guy’s word and signed up. What could go wrong?
    I was informed by email that my compliance had expired two months previously and I was being charged £17 per month until I was compliant.
    I asked in two phone calls and letters for the fees to be sent to me in writing for my record and no letter ever arrived.
    I was informed that their computer records flagged me as being non-compliant and that was why I was contacted. What? After two months?
    Apparently the £30 fee for compliance is paid to Elavon, so why be in a rush to charge me when they can grab £51 extra by the time it was sorted!
    Oh yeah, it’s up to me to arrange compliance I was informed.
    Funny how this caring company leave me without cover for so long.
    Roll on two more years and I’m out of there!

8th of Mar, 2014

I'm a stylist in uk and for the last week I haven't got paid no money due to elavon taking the money before it's got into my bank account now making my books unbalanced incoming and outgoing. I've never been in debt whilst owning this card terminal machine but they continue to drain my money, I phoned yesterday and an Asian lady answered saying wait one moment I need to take a personal call then started speaking in an Indian language on another telephone, I was absolutely disgusted and distressed was an understatement. I've had no letters no warning that I was getting fined due to the non compliance also they've been charging me another fee that I wasn't aware about and really don't seem to be getting any answers from this Micky mouse company elavon more like fat elephant.
    I have two more horrific years using this utterly unprofessional thieving fraudulent greedy company . Worst business decision of my life. Never again! Also there is a uk business seminar next week that I'm running for corporates and I've banned elevons participation.
    Jackie's freelance Hairdressing services

30th of May, 2014

THIS IS THE ROBBER COMPANY NEVER USE THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO REGRET THEN USE IT IF YOU WANT YOURSELF FROM GRIEF DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY NEVER EVER SAFE YOUR TIME AND MONYE THEY ARE MODERN BANK ROBBER

• To
      5th of May, 2017

They are the BIGGEST crooks in the world, Alexander Nadar should be investigated. They steal money out of your account, hold money in case of chargebacks, charge made up fees for the sake of charging. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!