Ecco Shoes / soles desintegrate - on brand new shoes

STAY AWAY FROM ECCO SHOES. I have purchase several pairs of ECCO Shoes, and in every one of them the soles have disintegrated after being worn for a short period of time and they do not stand behind their brand. This has not happened to me with any other brand, and I own MANY pairs of shoes

The latest case was a pair of sandals, which I wore only a couple of times. And I mean a couple of times, the upper portion of the sandals are brand new, with absolutely no sings of wear AT ALL. If you would like it I can send you the pictures so you can see them. I sent them to ECCO, and they returned them this week indicating that:

1.- “Ecco offers a one-year warranty on all their shoes. After evaluating your shoes, it has been determined, based on the model that they exceed the one year warranty period.”

2.- “When repairing Ecco shoes, we remove several layers of the original sole. Unfortunately base layer of polyurethane is deteriorating, therefore, we are unable to bond a new sole to your shoe.”

As you can see, when buying ECCO shoes, you must find out when they were manufactured, to make sure that you have a chance at the “one year warranty”.

It is amassing that shoes of this cost, and claimed quality, will fall apart after wearing them for only a couple of times. These are totally undependable shoes. Absolutely not a shoe to be taken on trips when you plan to do a lot of walking, or you run a good chance of having to buy a new pair of shoes to finish the trip. Like I said, I only wore these sandals a couple of times, and now I can through them away.

Ge

Comments

• Ki
      13th of Sep, 2008

This is a well-known and widely-experienced problem with Ecco Shoes. See http://honeypot.net/my-ecco-shoes-are-junk for a lot of stories. If you still have pictures, please send them to me and I'll post them.

• Gr
      28th of Mar, 2012

I have few pairs of ecco shoes during these few years. i bought one new pair of ecco shoes in end Feb 2012 at singapore ION shop. The disign is nice but the shoes sole is very slippery during the raining day, i could not control myself and had a fell against my back until now still not recovered and back still painful. I will not considered in future to purchase Ecco brand of shoes. it really bad experience of it. I think the shoes quality are no good compare to last time.