DVDPlanet.org / Fraud and cheating!

1 Saint Louis, MO, United States Review updated:

I ordered a DVD collection from them at the beginning of Dec. and never got them. they had NO PROBLEM TAKING my money of course! There goes my dad's $70 christmas present!!! NEVER got any information from them and never got the DVDs. Is there any way to get the money back or even just get the merchandise i ordered...

DON'T EVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!

Comments

• Fr
      31st of Dec, 2007

This co is bogus, ordered dvd set for Christmas gift did not receive kept promising but did not deliver. Do not order from them.

• Er
      6th of Feb, 2008

DVD Donkey- RIP OFF/ Fradulent Site
    I spent $300 on my DVD's and have yet to recieve the DVD's or my refund. I am lost as to what to do at this point. I have called them every day since January First and I get no response. I have also emailed them every day twice and I keep getting blown off. I am so disguisted I don't evven know what to do at this point!

14th of Feb, 2008

The DVDPlanet.org is no longer in existance. Due to the hard work of those that got scammed, me and many others with complaints to the movie production companies, and other agencies that deal with fraudulant charges, we were able to get them to close their doors. When they were in existance they would continue to make promises on refunding the money. In many cases it was stated they were going to send out a cashiers check since they can not refund the credit card. This is a ploy to delay the process. Most credit card companies will only allow you 60 days to dispute a charge. If the DVDPlanet can get you to hold out hope for that long, then there is nothing you can do. I would suggest everyone quickly dispute the charge through their credit card company. There should be no question about the dispute, and your money will be returned.

Note the DVDDonkey are the same type of scam. All companies that make promises that are amazing are ususally not true. If it was a normal deal you can get elsewhere you would avoid shady looking sites. Read the descriptions carefully. They are covering their behinds in some of their descriptions that should run up red flags in your head.

• Li
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I too have been ripped off. I was ordering DVD's not available in Australia (the entire Get Smart series) in early December as a gift. They were very quick to debit my Credit Card but no DVD's received and rubbish written to me in e-mails until January when they stopped replying. Told me to get refund through my Bank they couldn't get one as their Bank had closed?? Told me they had sent two orders of DVD's - I don't know why they would have as at that stage I hadn't queried their whereabouts as I was giving them the benefit of the doubt with overseas postage in December and Christmas. Told me they would have DVD's by the end of January and would courier via FedEx. DVD's are yet to arrive and of course no refund or reply to subsequent e-mails (which were not abusive.)

• El
      10th of Aug, 2016
    DVDPlanet.org - Product never received!
    DVDPlanet.org

Like all of the others on this page, I ordered the Get Smart collection at the beginning of Dec 2007. I received an email of shipping Conformation and was told I'd have the DVDs before Christmas. My mother is very upset as her credit card has been charged for just over $100 AUD and couldn't give my dad his much looked forward to Christmas gift. As we are in Australia we didn't even get a tracking no. The site had shut down by the time I went to contact them. Like others I had just assumed the site was part of DVDPlanet.com.

• Ro
      10th of Aug, 2016

Take it I'm in the same boat as quite a few others are when it comes to "thedvdplanet.org". I had ordered "Crossing Jordan" box set, but like everyone else nothing arrived and the money was taken. Still looking for Crossing Jordan 1-6. Can anyone tell me a good site. ( What about DVDAVENUE.TV )
    Let me know.

• De
      10th of Aug, 2016
    DVDPlanet.org - Fraud, merchandise never shipped!
    theDVDPlanet
    www.theDVDPlanet.org

I ordered Jem and the holograms complete set on the 4th of November 2007, was told it would arrive between the 20th and the 27th of November 2007. On the 30th of November sent them Email asking where it was. They said they were having trouble with the posting and would Reship another one on which would arrive in 6 working days. 10 working days later still nothing, Emailed them again, they said it was to to the busy Christmas season, on the 19th December 2007 I Emailed them again they said it would be with me by the end of the week. 20th December 2007 Emailed them again, on the 23rd December 2007 received Email to say it wouldn't be arriving because they were no longer dealing with that supplier and I couldn't get a refund because the company they dealt with wouldn't allow it, and that I would have to go through my credit card company to file a charge back to get the refund. As far as I am concerned this is the biggest con job online, and I would love to give who ever is responsible a good smack.

• Sh
      10th of Aug, 2016
    DVDPlanet.org - Wrong DVD's and never did send the right ones!
    DVDPlanet.org
    2974 St. Mark's Ave.
    Melbo
    Delaware
    Phone: 321-259-6409
    www.DVDPlanet.org

I ordered a set of DVD's Nov. 7, 2007. They shipped them to the wrong address (or so they said in their e-mail). They shipped them again to arrive between Dec. 6-8. The WRONG DVD's arrived on Dec. 20th. I e-mailed them. They said "sorry about that, we will reship and you will receive them by next week". HA! It's now Feb. 8, 2008 and I have NOT received them. I originally went through a well respected web site--PBS which I will never do again. It's all a racket!!!