Duke Energy / electric service
They will charge you for electricity that you have not even used.They do this to charge more money.
You could be gone for a month and they will still claim that you used more than your previous month's bill. They also have this nasty little habit of taking funds from your bank account without your authorization. In legal terms, this is fraud and a scam. They think their political connections can protect them from any consequences.
THERE IS A WAY TO STOP THEM.
Submit a complaint to the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-3 and the North Carolina Department of Justice at http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/59be4357-41f3-4377-b10f-3e8bd532da5f/Complaint-Form.aspx since their headquarters is in Charlotte, NC.Tell these agencies how duke energy has ripped you off and they will work to sue them and stop this once and for all!!!
More Duke Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Progress Energy - terrible customer service 
- Duke Energy - reconnection times 
- Progress Energy - high bill and excessive fees 
- Progress Energy - additional deposits 
- Duke Energy - power pole price to move 
- Duke Energy - billing
- Duke Energy - duke energy tracking soil onto street
- Duke Energy - installation of smart meter locked out rinnai water heater
- Duke Energy - new panel for solar
- Duke Energy - overcharging for service